Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, this is going to sound dumb, but I searched and couldn't find this information anywhere else on the site. My question is this: How in the bloody hell do you operate the headlight washers? I spent a good couple hours trying different things, tracing tubes, etc. but never figured it out. Seeing as how I have no manual for the car, I figured that the next logical step would be to see if any of you could help. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Hit the windshield washer twice fast..

I think the last time I did it, it came on and went off after about 2-3 seconds.. Make sure you have washer fluid though. Wouldn't want to blow the motor..

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
i can see this thing being a huge problem for people. i can also see myself spending hours trying to find out how to use them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:roll: Thanks guys. I'm embarassed that I had to ask about that.

·
Registered
13,123 Posts
I was so excited when I accidently hit mine twice. I had actually never noticed the washers before that point. Since then, they have been used regularly, even turned to each side for a breif period of time (had to turn them back before i got in trouble...)

--BillyM

D

·
0 Posts
Thanks dragon16, I've tried to figure it out & didn't succeed, now I know.
Dick B. :D

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
_HOT_M16 said:
I was so excited when I accidently hit mine twice. I had actually never noticed the washers before that point. Since then, they have been used regularly, even turned to each side for a breif period of time (had to turn them back before i got in trouble...)

--BillyM
how far did they shoot?

·
Registered
174 Posts
hehe, theyre pretty powerful buggers... If I didn't have an owners manual id never know how to use them... I mean, not only do you have to hit the window washer thing twice, you have to do it with the headlights on and up too!

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
I had the same problem when I first got my mk2, however when I hit the head light washers there were two streams of water shooting straight up in the air (like a water gun) the washers were broken :lol: It scared the shit out of me

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
do you think, if we were able to swap the 84 front end to the 82, that we coudl rig up the washers to work?

·
Super Moderator
8,397 Posts
do you think, if we were able to swap the 84 front end to the 82, that we coudl rig up the washers to work?
I don't see why not. Just make sure you get all the tubing, the later washer bottle, and all the relays that activate the headlight washer. You shouldn't need the whole front end the only difference is in the header panel itself. I wouldn't bother though, the headlight washers are a pretty worthless feature. Mostly they just make a mess on the hood. I've kinda of debated removing the ones in my car to save weight. I doubt I will since I bought 2 new nozzle from 'yota when I got all the moulding for the future repaint. Kinda be a shame not to use them since they were like $40+ each.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
i never knew how to operate them either, my washer pump didnt' work on my 84 so i figured they were both broke im gonna go try it tonight on my 85...lol i'm excited...

·
Registered
13,123 Posts
SliP said:
_HOT_M16 said:

--BillyM
how far did they shoot?
Far enough to get me in some trouble. I'll tell you what, they will think twice about ever leaving their driver window full open again.

--BillyM

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I believe that if you hit once quickly and then again holding it down the washers spray until you let go.

Not very effective really but cool just the same. I guess they would be of some use if you splashed your car through the mud or followed someone else who was...

will

·
Registered
51 Posts
I used to use them all the time to mess with people when they would stand next to my car but I stoped that becuase I had to wipe down the hood every time I used them, they leave water spots all over my black hood.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
reviving a very old thread here, but how much would the headlight washer motor cost from toyota? or did another car come with it that i could take it from? all the motors from the supra's at the junker ive seen are dead. i was lucky enough to even find the windshield washer motor. (can i even get the motor from toyota anymore? heh) maybe autozone might have them...i shuld look

·
Registered
991 Posts
I THINK I have working motors for both washers, windshield and headlight. PM me with an address and I'll ship them to you. If they don't work all you have lost is a bit of time but I'm pretty sure they work.

Leslie

·
Banned
1,314 Posts
I think im going to angle them forward, that way when I get behind a slowpoke, Ill squirt them when they look in the rear view mirror.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
slowpokes don't look in the rear view mirror

1 - 20 of 51 Posts