Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
2,242 Posts
batmobile said:
they do when im on their ass! :twisted:
Hmmm...so YOU'RE the dickhead that I love to slam my brakes for when you're riding my ass in traffic eh? I love it when people ride my butt in the Supra when traffic is too heavy to move at a faster speed. Riding someone's ass just pisses them off, and increases the likelihood of an accident.

City streets aren't sponsored by NASCAR and neither is your car. Keep the drafting on the racetrack. :whatever:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
828 Posts
Bringing up the topic again, does anyone know how to use the rear windshield jets? I've noticed a plactic bladder in the rear trunk area of my MkII that i suppose is where the fluid is pumped out of to the rear jet. But don't know if that's true, and can figure how to opperate the rear jet. Anyone know how to get it working?
 

· POTATO
Joined
·
17,079 Posts
Birddog said:
Bringing up the topic again, does anyone know how to use the rear windshield jets? I've noticed a plactic bladder in the rear trunk area of my MkII that i suppose is where the fluid is pumped out of to the rear jet. But don't know if that's true, and can figure how to opperate the rear jet. Anyone know how to get it working?

You know the button that makes your rear wiper work? Push down on it in the "on" position, of course it wont work if the bladder isn't full.

It's been awhile since I've had the '84+ setup, but I believe thats how I got mine to work
 

· Registered
Joined
·
9,096 Posts
Yep, you got it correct Tanya...

Press & hold down button. Can either be in the "On" position, or the "Intermittant" position. Make sure that there is washer fluid in the bag, if you constantly hold down the button & it's empty, it's a great way to burn out the pump.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Maybe the '84 is different than my '83?

My rear wiper/washer knob is round. You rotate it up or down for the 3-position off/on/intermittent function of the wiper. But you have to push the knob in toward the driver's door (not down or rotated) to get the washer to work. It will keep working as long as you push it in.

BTW, if you're wondering how to poor fluid into the washer fluid bag, the access panel doubles as a funnel. And it works too. :)
 

· POTATO
Joined
·
17,079 Posts
SuprAlaska83 said:
Maybe the '84 is different than my '83?

Yessir, the 84+ setups are quite different in more ways than just wrap around turn signals. The door lock switch is moved to the driver's side armrest and the rear windshield wiper control is a switch in the center console, unlike 1982-1983 where it's a big round knob .
 

· Registered
Joined
·
828 Posts
SuprAlaska83 said:
BTW, if you're wondering how to poor fluid into the washer fluid bag, the access panel doubles as a funnel. And it works too. :)
lol, this car will always amaze me.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
828 Posts
Thanks Tanya for the clear up. I guess i should fill it all the way up for it to work then, unless the motor's already been burned out. Try it out tomorrow morning.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
6,241 Posts
chrisfromda909 said:
wwwwwwwwwwhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat...?
Comon guys... Even I figured that one out....
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,493 Posts
SuprAlaska83 said:
Ah hah! I must say that the door lock switch on my '83's center console is a PITA. Thanks. :)
If you simply push the lock in on the inside of the drivers door, it should lock both doors. Same applies to locking or unlocking the drivers side door with the key from the outside. It will lock/unlock both doors when you turn the key. If yours doesn't work this way, it is due to a broken wire on the drivers side door lock solenoid. You need to remove the door panel to get to it and solder it back on.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,583 Posts
Dean said:
If you simply push the lock in on the inside of the drivers door, it should lock both doors. Same applies to locking or unlocking the drivers side door with the key from the outside. It will lock/unlock both doors when you turn the key. If yours doesn't work this way, it is due to a broken wire on the drivers side door lock solenoid. You need to remove the door panel to get to it and solder it back on.
And this was a new feature in 83, correct?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Dean said:
If you simply push the lock in on the inside of the drivers door, it should lock both doors. Same applies to locking or unlocking the drivers side door with the key from the outside. It will lock/unlock both doors when you turn the key. If yours doesn't work this way, it is due to a broken wire on the drivers side door lock solenoid. You need to remove the door panel to get to it and solder it back on.
That's how my '83 works.

My problem is I keep reaching for that power lock on the driver's door...that's not there. :ugly_08:
 
21 - 40 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top