Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
POTATO
17,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok the terra cotta seats I got from Scotty are great, except ONE itsy bitsy problem, my drivers seat head rest is "stuck" in the position where it's all the way pointed out. It seems like the spring or whatever it is that snaps it back into place is broken or slipped off.
How do I take the headrest off and apart to fix it? I notice there's a zipper, but I can't find the zipper tab to actually unzip it, lol
any help would be nice

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
You need to take most of the seat apart in order to get the headrest out.
Take the back off, then the sides around the headrest...the two brackets, then the headrest itself. The zipper is tightly tucked into one side.

Be cafeful...you might be tempted to clean the seat once you have it apart....which is good, It just takes a while.

·
POTATO
17,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AHH I was afraid of that, oh well
I needed to install my air pump thingy for my seat anyway, lol
darn.
thanks

·
Registered
9,445 Posts

·
POTATO
17,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks Chris, that helps a lot
(dumb me keeps forgetting about that site)
doh....

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Tanyas Mk2 said:
thanks Chris, that helps a lot
(dumb me keeps forgetting about that site)
doh....
I do that all the time but it really helps, i swear, when i move into my new house i'm going to keep a computer hooked up to the internet in the garage.......connected via a wireless modem...lol...sweet.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
There is a bit more to it than the TSRM shows but not too much.
You have to take the poles the headrest moves up and down on off before you can remove it.

·
Banned
1,314 Posts
There are two screws on either side of the shoulder pad. One is hidden in the front and there is one in the back. Once you get those off it is much easier to mess around with the head part. Once you take off the back Black surround you will be able to see whats going on in there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts