Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
uhm.. well, my heater is in my interior. so this should fit here.. right?

anyway, there isn't really any problems with my heater. in fact when it gets going i can heat coffee with it. the real problem is it takes around a half hour to start blowing hot air.

is there any way i can speed up this process? i mean.. i'm not expecting it to start blowing hot air just after i start my engine. i just wish i didn't have to warm my car up so long before school.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
or your heater core is cloged...

will

·
3,283 Posts
no7 said:
uhm.. well, my heater is in my interior. so this should fit here.. right?

anyway, there isn't really any problems with my heater. in fact when it gets going i can heat coffee with it. the real problem is it takes around a half hour to start blowing hot air.

is there any way i can speed up this process? i mean.. i'm not expecting it to start blowing hot air just after i start my engine. i just wish i didn't have to warm my car up so long before school.
if your water temp gauge takes a long time to come up to normal Op temp, your thermostat is probably stuck open.

one other thing not mentioned, check your vacuum lines at the (I keep forgetting what that thing is called, it's beside the windshield wiper motor)

that could be stuck in some possition or other.

HTH,

Rob

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mwebber said:
if your water temp gauge takes a long time to come up to normal Op temp, your thermostat is probably stuck open.

one other thing not mentioned, check your vacuum lines at the (I keep forgetting what that thing is called, it's beside the windshield wiper motor)

that could be stuck in some possition or other.

HTH,

Rob
wow, i forgot i posted this.

anyway... i was reading, and i told my dad the reason the temp guage is messed (it doesn't work right, i'll explain it a bit) is because of the thermostat. but he says the temperature guage is completely different and has nothing to do with the heating system. now, i sort of have an arguement with him about it. i just want something to back it up. is he right, or am i insane?

also, here is what the water temperature guage does. after around 30min of driving, from a cold start. no warm up. the temperature guage doesn't work. then all of a sudden, bam! it goes up and it stays right in the middle (i'm thinking thats normal operating engine temp).

and at around that time the heater starts blowing hot air.

that pretty much narrows it down to the thermostat.. right?

·
3,283 Posts
yeah, the thermostat is sticking. drop by Toyota and get a new one, and a new gasket if they have it. Your problem should be gone, I would check your water pump too just to be safe.

a note of caution, take car the termostat doesn't slip out of the groove when you are tightening the neck back down... I made that $80 mistake and broke one of the tabs off.

The gauge measures the temp of the h20 in the block (just under the intake, behind the thermostat) in it's operation it does not directly impact the heating system, but it is a direct indication of the correct operation of the cooling/heating system.

Mike

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
hey does your ac compressor have to be running in order for the heater to work, cuz the only belt im running is the main belt on my 6m the one that runs the water pump and the alt,

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
No. A/C does not need to be running.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
so most likely my heater core has crapped out, when i turn on my heater it don't work period, even if i let it sit for a while or a long while the air is still cold

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Uhmmmmm....

Check to see if your heater VSV is working???? (this is a search item, it has been covered here before).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts