Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This I know. The water pump works. The thermostat is brand new OEM. The radiator is full of coolant. The engine warms up within 2 to 3 minutes and runs at a normal operating temperature. When I turn on the heater I only get cool air. I pulled off the heater core hoses and tried to back flush the heater core. Are use the garden hose but I was very gentle and tried not to use too much water pressure. I put the Garden hose on the upper heater hose but nothing came out of the bottom heater hose. So I put the Garden hose on the bottom heater hose and water came out of the top right after that valve that is bolted to the far wall. Am I doing something wrong? Can anybody help. I put it all back together and I still do not get warm air when the engine is not operating temperature

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
Many components are vacuum operated. To start, there is a big water valve by the wiper motor. This will alliow water to circulate in. If does not open, cold only. The is also the mixing flap that is vac operated. It is a complex system. There is some well documented threads around about the system.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m new to this site so I probably don’t know what I’m doing, but I cannot find any threads concerning the heater.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found the problem! It was That bar that goes to that gold controller behind the radio. It was disconnected. Thanks for all the help everyone I could not have done it without this forum

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
That is the servo actuator. It is what mix hot and cold air to the desired temp.
Good, you found it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts