Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was playing with my interior the other day, finishing my restoration of an 85 when i cam across this interesting detail. The heat sensor for inside the car is located under the center consol. When disconnected and the circuit is left open, all the venting system will do is blow max heat air, reconnect it and it will blow cold again. Just an FYI, you may move along, nothing more to see here :)

·
Registered
793 Posts
maybe thats why mine does that

·
Registered
72 Posts
If the fan under the console doesn't work, or is clogged with dust bunnies, or unplugged, that is exactly what will happen. It is fed from the 10A fuse that controls the AC clutch. It will run you out of the car. The sensor is right behind the small grill over the ash tray in the back of the console.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
also if your a/c button is unplugged or broken it will only blow hot air, it like sets the water control vavle to allow coolant into the heater core as a default, you can't even get vent......lol it sucks....happened to me once, i was working on the dash and took it off it was raining so i tried to use vent and got heat...it was killer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here I thought I was shaving a couple pounds off for a rear seat passenger heater that I wouldn't need! :lol: Good to know that is why it's blowing straight hot now... I was pretty worried. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts