Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Please list evrything you have done so far, so I don't offer you old advice.

Sorry to hear that you problem has reappeared.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Have you had your radiator tested? Given your random schedule of overheating, it probably isn't the answer, but it is someting you could have checked. A pressure test of your radiator could also tell you if air is getting into your system from it as well.

Just a thought.

Also, I am not certain of the location of the temperature sending unit. The 2 items right behind the thermostat on the thermostat housing are the injector timing switch, and the thermo sensing unit, but my shop manual points to a slightly different location for the temperature sending unit and seems to refer to them as 2 different items. My car does not overheat, but the guage never makes it beyond 1/2 way up, so I am trying to test it. If I get it all figured out, I will let you know.

·
Registered
208 Posts
CJSREDPRA,

Thanks man! Wow! That was a quilck response!

8)

·
Registered
208 Posts
The heater core hoses are on the back of the motor. One goes from the top of the motor (between the cam boxes) to the firewall, and the other heater hose connects just behind the #6 exhaust manifold outlet. I actually have to replace that hose soon as the heating/cooling from the manifold has made it spongy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.