Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! My addco's (or my driving) snapped the old mounts clean off on both sides in the rear. Who was making heavy duty replacements for these a while back? Can I get a pair or see a pic so I can make a pair?

Thx in advance,
Tom

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Jake Reed <[email protected]>

Tom Cleary said:
Help! My addco's (or my driving) snapped the old mounts clean off on both sides in the rear. Who was making heavy duty replacements for these a while back? Can I get a pair or see a pic so I can make a pair?

Thx in advance,
Tom

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Hrmm...

I thought it was either Jake, or Vern Starr that was going to do these??

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
A quality welding shop in LA took care of mine after they broke. Just beefed them up and I'm still going! :wink:

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
TTT

Well I haven't herd back from Jake for quite some time. The last time I herd from him he said something had come up and he wouldn't be making these for a while.

Question is Does anyone else know where one would obtain these???

thanks
will

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Would the mounts from another similar car work? Maybe something a little bigger like a firebird or something? Or even the mounts from the MK3?

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
I've broken two stock "ears" off the stock susp arm. (Sway bar mounts for the end links). Try getting a welding shop, or friend with a mig welder to just box in two sides of that ear with a few small pieces of steel/iron.
Helps tremendously and hasn't broken yet ! Remember, even if you get "stronger sway bar mounts" they would still need to be welded onto the susp arm. Maybe even a muffler shop could do it cheap.

Don L.

·
Registered
15,036 Posts
does anyone have pics of a completed pair of upgraded mounts? if so it shouldnt be hard to make. just a couple small peices of plate steel welded together and a hole drilled.
william

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
update

Jake Reed <[email protected]> wrote:
Too all interested,

Sorry I have been quiet for awhile. There was some changes made at the family business which stopped me from making the brackets. They are almost done now. By this time next week they will be ready to be shipped out. Please send me your complete shipping address in an email and how many pairs you want. I will get them boxed up and email back with separate complete totals with payment information. The price will be 30.00 plus shipping. If you could go ahead and let any others that are looking for them know I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Jake
www.gaslightautomotive.com

·
Registered
126 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of the item and location. At my local junkyard have a mkii supraii and 2 mkii cressidas. Maybe I can help.
thanks!

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I got my mounts from Jake 8/18 they look quite sturdy...

Email me if you want some pixs...

will

·
Registered
870 Posts
For those of you who beefed up the mounts, can this be done with susp arm on car or does it have to be removed? BTW, I received Jakes brackets, looks nice. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
We (me and my Dad at his shop) managed to get these new mounts in without takeing off the arm...

HTH

will

1 - 13 of 13 Posts