Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im new to this forum and i hope to become a regular. i had an 84 supra back in 96ish for a year or two and i really miss it. im hoping to find another supra to buy. i have looked around the forums and there seems to be plenty of knowledge around here. if anyone can tell me their opinions on which supras (82-85) they like, and why, im all ears. im really excited to find and buy another supra!!

·
Registered
13,185 Posts
Welcome! Look guys, someone who didn't choose "redsupra85" or something along those lines as a username! What kind of car are you looking for? $1.5k? $5k? $15k? Either way, the eyes and ears here can help you find the car you're looking for.

My suggestion for the "best" car...
'82 L-type. Least ammount of "crap". Very simple ECU's comparatively, no security systems, that kid of thing.

--billyM

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the welcome billy! im looking to spend $2500-$3000. im in st.louis,mo, but willing to drive a few hours away. maybe kansas city, chicago, or???

·
Registered
515 Posts
Welcome.
Do you like the '84 style wing on the hatch, or the '85 hatch setup more?
In either case, the hatch can be changed at a price.
My personal favorite is an SDR (Red) '84 P-Type with black interior.... Mmmmmm
That was the last of my 3 Supras, and by far my favorite combo.

Are you looking for stock, swapped, clean, fixer-upper?
You'll find all the help you need here.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im looking for a stock descent condition supra, but i do realize that most i find are going to need something done. i had an 84 with cloth, and would be happy to find another just the same. i think im open to any year as long as its a descent car for a descent price.

·
Registered
472 Posts
welcome!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts