Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, people!

I'm a big fan of CelicaSupra's and been so for many years and yesterday I got my very first one (I'm so proud!).
I've been waiting for this car for 1,5 years now.

Here it is.

It's an 1984mod, P-Type, 5M-GE 175hp and manual trans.
It has done only 112000km (70000miles).
It has absolutly no rust, which is realy very rare up here.
It has never been tinkled with, just barely changed oil, sparkplugs and filters.
It's said to be Norway's most perfect example.

It was orignaly sold for first time in Belgium then a Spanish guy imported it to Spain in 1989 who owned it until the Norwegian importer, who I bought it from, imported it in 2006 after using it in Spain since 2003.
The only problem is the Norwegian import-taxes needs to be payed before registration and road use. Import-taxes on vehicles in Norway are very expencive and it will cost me around 10000USD (50000NOK) to get it road-legal.

(Edit: Its a 1984)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some more pics...

New front tires will be fitted if I can find some for sale.
Headlight covers are just primed due to peeling clearcoat of the orginal paintjob.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Wow, $10,000 to get it registered shows a high level of dedication! Welcome to the forum. Let us know if you need anything... Have you got the matching wheels?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, $10,000 to get it registered shows a high level of dedication! Welcome to the forum. Let us know if you need anything... Have you got the matching wheels?

Thank you!

Yes I do, but finding 225/60-14 in Norway is going to be hard I think...

Pretty high cost to pay to the goverment yes, but there has been talked about a new arangement that if you car's current selling price, age and type comes under a new regulation, it's possible to get a creditnote on some of the original tax-price.
But even so, I'll have to pay the 50000NOK first and then hope for getting some of it back afterwards.

·
Super Moderator
8,397 Posts
Where are you at in Norway? I should be back for another month pretty soon way up north in Narvik. And yes your government taxes are nuts.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
I can understand high government tax, in Japan we have to pay at least over 1000 USD under the name of smog test, and 1000 USD tax, plus 1000 USD for regular certification to drive road, and even more taxes when importing car and register.
It will be at least 6000 USD but Norway tax is much expensive than here Japan...
I can see you are really into this car:D
Hope everything goes good for you.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Congrats and welcome. Looks like it has been repainted at one time due to the supra billboard sticker on the hatch is higher than original.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats and welcome. Looks like it has been repainted at one time due to the supra billboard sticker on the hatch is higher than original.
Not sure if the car is repainted. It got a red stripe a long the sides and its beginning to fade to pink so it looks pretty orginal (not sure if it is though).

·
Super Moderator
8,397 Posts
Narvik is far up north. I live 30km (20miles) outside of Oslo.
Yeah, Narvik is way up there. Oslo is pretty nice though. We alway fly into Oslo and stay at the airport hotel one night before flying in or out. We then take the train into dowtown Oslo for dinner. I wish I could stay in Oslo more, but all the military workshops are up North. There is not much to do in Narvik, but walk around town.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, Narvik is way up there. Oslo is pretty nice though. We alway fly into Oslo and stay at the airport hotel one night before flying in or out. We then take the train into dowtown Oslo for dinner. I wish I could stay in Oslo more, but all the military workshops are up North. There is not much to do in Narvik, but walk around town.
So you're there for military purposes?

Well thats nearly all they do up there, freeze and practice with guns:D
Oslo isn't that great either, would have been fun to travelled til the US, I guess...

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Very nice. What's in the pocket above the stereo? Cup holders?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all welcomes and comments.

The search for new wheels has began.
I've been checking out the XXR 002 and 501 and it looks like I'm heading in that direction.

Tips and suggestion would be nice.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Very nice car, and added to the list of under ~100K mile cars (160K Kms). This is the only one I know of in Europe.

A few differences from the US (and Canadian) markets:
- Lights and license plates
- Digital Dash with a manual. Usually only on auto in the USA
- Different air controls (AC/heat)

I recommend you send a PM to MattiH in Finland about wheels. There are a couple of Danes that know these cars too.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts