Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone! My name is Keith and I recently got my hands on a blue 83 celica supra from my cousin. I dont know much now but I look forward to learn a lot from these forms and be an active member!

I'm 24 years old and ive had the car for about 2 months. it was given to me free and it has less than 100k miles on it. completely stock engine. the only upgrades are a K&N drop in and the sound system is upgraded.

i plan on only driving the car during the spring and summer months. it is garaged kept and i plan on restoring the car to its former glory :zzzzz:

:thumbsup:

please tell me what you guys think!

thanks!

·
Registered
77 Posts
my best advice for you is no matter what goes wrong with it over time or how frusterating things get. NEVER let it go. never sell it. you can always fix it. you will kick yourself if you let that car go. believe me i lost my 84 (my pride and joy) already but got an 85 now and will never part with it. but good work. need any advice lemme know, i am ok but there are many others on here that know amazing amounts that can help you. welcome.

·
Registered
887 Posts
You have come to the right place. I have had lots of help, and I needed it to be sure. Nice car by the way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys! i dont plan to ever let this car go... i dont even want it to hit 100k miles!

·
Registered
887 Posts
thanks guys! i dont plan to ever let this car go... i dont even want it to hit 100k miles!
It is just getting broken in. Got to drive it. I wait for good weather though. Not to much driving in the winter for me. That is what the Subaru is for.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Take care of that sucker, that paint if original makes that a rare mkII in my opinion because I rarely see them even on this forum.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Take care of that sucker, that paint if original makes that a rare mkII in my opinion because I rarely see them even on this forum.
it is the original paint.

my uncle bought it from Toyota and handed it down to my cousin and now my cousin gave it to me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ill take more pictures of the engine bay and the interior. ill post them by tomorrow night. the car runs very smooth in my opinion. im very excited

·
Registered
401 Posts
Greetings and Welcome. You'll be very happy with that one. My 83 has over 250k miles and runs great. A very slight oil leak at the cam towers is my only real problem atm. Take care of it and it will take care of you. Enjoy and have fun. Can't wait for more pictures.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Wow, that car looks to be in real nice shape. It looks just like my first supra, I use to have a 83Blue auto just like that, I really miss that car.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Very, very nice! :thumbsup:

How did it say that clean, and undamaged in Queens?

Congrats and welcome!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Amazing. And for FREE! best price available

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Very, very nice! :thumbsup:

How did it say that clean, and undamaged in Queens?

Congrats and welcome!

the car has been kept in the garage for quite some time now and it was hardly driven. it was passed to my cousin in the mid 90's with 88k miles and he only drove it during the spring and summer months. he put about 10k miles on it.

the mileage in the photo was the mileage of when i first got the car 2 months ago. it has been in the garage and only taken out a few times since then.

thanks again for all the comments guys!

photos will be up soon

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Certainly is the best value for the price I've seen for a while. Nice shape - treat her well!

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Nice score. I like the 83's. The steering wheel, ext. door handles and bumper design, mainly. The 82-83 hatches are prone to rust, however. It's good to keep an eye on it and keep it dry.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts