Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Heres the story... My girfriends 95' Toyota Camry blew its head gasket, and was basically totaled. She was without a car, and being a student, she had very limited means to get a new one. She talked to her parents and they suggested that she drive the spare car that had been in the garage. the spare car happened to be an 82' Celica Supra with less than 20,000 ORIGINAL miles. The keys were handed over to her. This car had been her grandfathers pride and joy. It was rarely driven and has spent most of its life in a garage. It was in beautiful shape. Seriously folks; this thing looked brand new. it was like stepping back in time to when i was two.

I dont know all of the details on this car, but we know that it was top of the line for 1982 , no expense spared.

We know that this car is worth a pretty penny, and it terrifies us that it has become a daily driver. She says every time that she drives it, she feels like shes got an open briefcase full of money that shes trailing behind her.

Last night she was pulling into an alley and a guy on a bike ran into her and cracked the side mirror and put a good scrape/dent in the passenger side door.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. We want to get this car fixed up and into a good home. We love this car, but we know that there is someone out there who would love, and care for this car like her granddad did!

We need a few parts, mostly a passenger side mirror :). and we need some recommendations on how to get that dent scrape taken care of and possibly get it into a good home (i can post some pics of the damage later).

Thanks for taking a look.

Clarke

·
Registered
59 Posts
Main thing would be pics to see the damage.

Would likely be able to be pulled out, some filler, and paint, buff.

Try and take the door panel off on the inside and pop the dent out of it, if it looks good with no creases, get somebody that knows how to buff a car to buff it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

thats the close up there. the white scratches look like they could be buffed out, but that other gouge looks like a bit of a bugger to me. I havent seen it in person yet.

·
Registered
155 Posts
you won't have any shortage of offers, you have what we all want.A VERY LOW MILEAGE MINT CONDITION MK2 SUPRA. A rare beast indeed!!!!!!! I wish you were in australia!!!! I'd make an offer too!!!.
Whoever get's it is a very lucky person!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts