Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1983 Celica Supra P Type Manual 80k original
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello MKII Brethren,

Having had my car for a few months now and going over every inch of it, I'm getting close to being "done." Or done for now anyway and happy with the results.

But, the car came with a box of some random trim pieces and these are what are left that have me stumped.

So let's play, "Name that Trim Piece" and help me out! Thank you in advance!

Exhibit A

Finger Auto part Wood Composite material

Exhibit B

Rectangle Finger Material property Electric blue Bag

Exhibit C

Hand tool Gesture Bumper Finger Tool

Exhibit D

Electric blue Blank media Metal Circle Transparency

Exhibit E

Wood Bumper Auto part Fashion accessory Personal protective equipment

·
Super Moderator
7,922 Posts
A= on top rad support, just behind headlamps.
B= between top rad support and front header panel, driver side.
C= Funnel/cover : trunk, rear side, below the storage compartment.
D= Fuel door emergency acces : trunk, rear side, inside the storage compartment.
E= ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A= on top rad support, just behind headlamps.
B= between top rad support and front header panel, driver side.
C= Funnel/cover : trunk, rear side, below the storage compartment.
D= Fuel door emergency acces : trunk, rear side, inside the storage compartment.
E= ?
You WIN! 90% at least and probably 100% because I'm not entirely convinced that Exhibit E is for an MK Supra. It has that light icon on it but it does not appear to go over any of the lights. But for the rest of them I am very grateful and I'll go take a look and figure them out! That helps me a LOT! Thank you!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold Automotive design Automotive battery

The two "As" can be seen on either side behind the headlight covers. One in front of the battery, and one in front of he air cleaner. Real question is: What in the world is their purpose?
BTW, does anyone know where to get the stickers for the air cleaner and radiator shroud?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Could "E" be the plastic panel in the RH rear wheel that protects the fuel filler pipe? I've got a spare one around here someplace, but right now I can't put eyes on it.
Thank you and the pics are so helpful for orientation! I think I have them all except E but I’ll go look back there and see if it could go somewhere back in that space.

·
Founding Member
6,769 Posts
A-D I knew instantly, but Jocelyn beat me to it. I've looked the picture E a couple times over the last few days thinking maybe it would come to me but no. The only thing that seems vaguely familiar is that hole with the concentric C shapes around it. Seems like I've seen that somewhere. Usually on injection molded Toyota parts, there's an embossed part number, two five-character alpha-numeric sequences separated by a dash or space sometimes with a 2-character suffix, something like 31210-30240-84. Can you find a number like that on it anywhere?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A-D I knew instantly, but Jocelyn beat me to it. I've looked the picture E a couple times over the last few days thinking maybe it would come to me but no. The only thing that seems vaguely familiar is that hole with the concentric C shapes around it. Seems like I've seen that somewhere. Usually on injection molded Toyota parts, there's an embossed part number, two five-character alpha-numeric sequences separated by a dash or space sometimes with a 2-character suffix, something like 31210-30240-84. Can you find a number like that on it anywhere?
I’ll look and let you know. Thanks! Excited to be part of this community. I have always wanted an MKII so still really excited. It has been a few months of work but this one is worth it. 78k original miles and always stored covered but sat a lot so had some work to do from a few years of that. Running and looking strong now!

·
Super Moderator
7,922 Posts
whiskers are #1. The ones you are looking for are #2

edit: wrong answer given here, corrected in the wanted post.

·
Registered
140 Posts
View attachment 20947

The two "As" can be seen on either side behind the headlight covers. One in front of the battery, and one in front of he air cleaner. Real question is: What in the world is their purpose?
BTW, does anyone know where to get the stickers for the air cleaner and radiator shroud?
Sure it's been covered before. If you look at the rubber seal on the under side of the hood, it lines up with the plastic inserts placed behind the headlights. Follow the path of the "transfer" of the rubber seal on the rad. support panel and it would continue onto the plastic pieces. The "transfer" can be seen in the picture here on the pass. side of the header panel curving around the hole in the panel just to the right of the pass. rad. mount (above the "W"). Probably engineered to create an aerodynamic seal of the hood to the entire length of the front end of the engine bay.

Edit: if someone had good examples, I'm sure it can be 3D printed nowadays.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
+1 on them being for aerodynamics and to likely keep water out.

+1 on someone 3D printing them. I bought a pair of the 3D printer dash vents (the black ones on eBay) and for the price they certainly work and look darn good! Very happy to see enthusiasts doing that these days on our older cars and hopefully making a little for themselves in the process. I also bought 3D printed headlight whiskers and honestly they don't look bad...almost carbon fiber like but they also don't look like the OEM rubber ones. So, I bought the OEM rubber ones (pricey eBay) and I do like them better but the 3D ones would have worked and were half the price.

·
MGSS Afflicted
1985 Celica Supra P-Type; 1979 Celica Supra; 1992 Supra Turbo Targa 5spd; 1998 Supra TT Targa 6spd
216 Posts
View attachment 20947

Try toyota4low.com. If he doesn't make them already, he is easy to work with to get them made. He did our under hood vacuum diagrams for the Mk1 4M-E and 5M-E

1 - 16 of 16 Posts