Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

The original owner bypassed the heater core. I'm going to pick up a new one and I can't figure out the piping in the engine bay. The drawing below shows how it is currently setup. There was a hose going from point D to E, which I have removed. Taking a guess, I believe the correct setup would be...A to B, C to D, and E to F.

Also...once the heater core is back in will I be able to feel the hot coolant running through the heater core immediately? Or do I have to put that demonic hunk of white plastic back and adjust the heater controls for the coolant to start flowing through the core?

Last question...this metal bracket fell out from around the steering wheel area when I was removing the dash. Any idea what and where this bad boy goes?

Thanks everyone!

·
Founding Member
6,408 Posts
Its A to E, B to D and C to F. But that's a good drawing. And the bracket that fell out looks like one that secures the instrument hood to the dash pad above and behind the instrument cluster.

And I'm not sure what white plastic you're demonizing but I think the default position for the heater valve would be closed, therefore probably the heater controls have to be hooked up and working or at least a constant vacuum source applied to the heater control valve. Good luck.

Hello,

The original owner bypassed the heater core. I'm going to pick up a new one and I can't figure out the piping in the engine bay. The drawing below shows how it is currently setup. There was a hose going from point D to E, which I have removed. Taking a guess, I believe the correct setup would be...A to B, C to D, and E to F.

Also...once the heater core is back in will I be able to feel the hot coolant running through the heater core immediately? Or do I have to put that demonic hunk of white plastic back and adjust the heater controls for the coolant to start flowing through the core?

Last question...this metal bracket fell out from around the steering wheel area when I was removing the dash. Any idea what and where this bad boy goes?

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
612 Posts
since you did a pretty drawing...

CF
BD
AE

someone correct me if I am wrong, but I just gave my 7M conversion heat last night.

-John

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
phil is the man.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
PM our vendor Mark or check RockAuto.com

·
Registered
68 Posts
I need to bypass my heater core (no heat needed here in S Florida). Do I only need to connect B to C in the drawing above? If you happen to know what size piece of pvc pipe I need, I would appreciate that also. :)

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Yes B to C, or just one long loop of 1/2" i.d. heater hose.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts