Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am going to be selling my car soon, and want to know what you guys value when looking at ads. So tell me if you think me ad is good, too long, pointless, or just crappy. Thanks! XXX XXX means I have to figure that out from my pile of receipts.

1991 Toyota Celica GT. 345, 902KM. 5 speed manual.
The interior is gray cloth, and is in top notch shape. There are no tears, stains, wear areas, or burn marks in the fabric or carpets. The seat foam is in excellent shape. Dash is perfect. All of the center-stack controls work properly, but there is something wrong with the climate control knob. It still works (switches from hot to cold air), but you can turn the knob all the way around – it does not stop turning. There is a vibration in the dash at around 3000-3500RPM. The car is very quiet on the highways, and has an impressive sound system. It has 6 factory speakers (two tweeters in between the dash and windows) and an aftermarket Pioneer head unit that came with the car when I bought it. The car makes good heat, but has no air conditioning. Alternatively; the car has power windows and sunroof. It also has power locks, and power mirrors. The previous owner had a Black Widow security system installed, and it works well.
The paint is ‘Toyota Black’. It was repainted before I bought it, and for the most part the paint is in very good shape. The front of the car was a lot of little rock chips from highway driving, especially on the front spoiler. The flip lights work, and the fog lights are set as daytime running lights. The windshield is cracked fairly badly, but the crack does not interfere with your vision as it is just above the dash. The tires on the car are at 5/8 tread life. Unfortunately, the Celica was in a parking lot hit and run, and sustained some body damage in the gas cap area. The paint is not damaged so it is very hard to see the damage in pictures. I bought the car a cool GT-4 hood (hood scoop), but the owner can take the original smooth hood. The car has no rust.
The motor (5S-FE) has almost 350K on the clock, but don’t be scared away by the mileage. The motor was rebuilt at a Toyota dealer by the previous owner at XXX XXX. I have owned the car for a year, and have only had to replace the clutch from wear. Even in -45 degree weather, the car starts right away with no problem. Regular maintenance was always done by the previous owner; I have the receipts to prove. I have changed the oil at 5000Km intervals since I bought it. When I changed the clutch, I had to change the transmission fluid. Timing belt is to be done at 380, 000Km. Spark plugs were just replaced with Bosch Premium, and I had to replace the fuel pump not long ago. Compression testing yielded great results, all 4 cylinders was 187PSI. That indicates that the internal components of the engine are in great shape. The car has absolutely no leaks, runs like new, and has proven extremely reliable. There is no play in the steering linkage, and the CV joints have no cracks or tears. The transmission has no problems. Mechanically the car is in extremely good shape.
In conclusion, this Celica is in very good shape for its age, despite some cosmetic damage. During the summer I was getting 38MPG highway, and low 30’s city. Typically it costs around 45$ to fill, and if you are driving a lot of highway it will go for around 600km on a tank. If you enjoy driving an efficient, peppy, reliable sports car, this is the car for you! My asking price is $2,200 (OBO). My name is Paul, email me ([email protected]) or phone me (blahblah) with any questions or to come take a look.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Too long... :sleep:ZZZZ

U just need the essentials or nobody's gonna read it, OMG - definitely don't throw in receipts on top of this!!! (BTW, MKI or MKII's here)

Good luck!

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Personally, I don't like when its all clumped together like that.

The first thing I check is the mileage and the price, the scroll down quick to see if there is pics, if there are I go back up. If there are No pics I don't even bother looking at the rest of the add. The essentials should be the first thing on the top of your page. Clear and concise, If I don't find a price or mileage because its clumped around someplace, I don't even bother looking at the rest of the add. Your price is all the way at the bottom clumped up, you should put it up at the top clear or make a good sentence on the bottom indicating your price. When I see adds all clumped up it discourages me from looking further.

After the essentials are put in, mileage, problems, over all condition then if I'm still interested I'll read the blurb for more information.

just an example this is something I have up for sale right now.

http://forums.celicasupra.com/showthread.php?t=52725&highlight=starion

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
The main thing I look at when cruising ads are pictures. It will get my interest if there are some decent exterior shots, but the ones I will want to see are engine and interior shots since that is mainly what someone is going to look at/for when buying a car.

·
Super Moderator
8,573 Posts
Bullet points with key info. Nobody is going to read all that or going to care about all that.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Too long... :sleep:ZZZZ

U just need the essentials or nobody's gonna read it, OMG - definitely don't throw in receipts on top of this!!! (BTW, MKI or MKII's here)

Good luck!
Alright, I will make the add much shorter and concise. I thought it was on the long side, but I hate when people skimp on the details. I will try to include as many as possible. Also, I just wanted potential buyers to know that I have the receipts proving the car was serviced.. I will probably just take a picture of the stack of them. I am going to include a $hitload of pictures, but didn't want to bloat this thread more than necessary. Thanks for all your guys help! I really do appreciate it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts