Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know the specs on the bolts that hold the front struts in? i am trying to install my ST springs but i cannot get the bolts out! they are going to be cut out but i need to know the size of these bolts in advance to get some replacements. i tried the toyota dealership and they did'nt know, plus they will charge 10 dollars for 4 bolts. any helo would be appreciated

·
Registered
672 Posts
you mean the 2 bolts on the bottom. Those are to replace the lower ball joint.. You dont need to undo those to put in new springs.

I just had to remove mine.. to put in RCA's with new Eibachs and tokicos.

Quote from recent post:
"For you guys who haven't had the lower ball joints changed in quite a while, you will need a strong arm with a good socket , length of pipe to extend the strong arm and benzene or hotter torch. WOW those 4 bolts were tough"

·
Registered
796 Posts
and if you screw up the pressed in bolts on the lower control arm, Toyota does not sell them alone, you need to buy the whole arm! Or, you can take the arm off, take a large socket and put it in over the heads of the bolts, stick it in a vise and whack it with a hammer. They will fall out eventually, and you can just replace them with grade 8 nuts bolts and lockwashers. Had to do this to my car when I did my springs...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts