Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while i was driving down the highway today a group of ricers was going my direction heading to texas heat wave which unortunately i cannot go

anyways they passed me once and i came in behind them going like 90
i was in fifth and a break in traffic so i decided to pass them

i stayed in fifth and punched the gas got up to about 105 and looked in my review miror and there was a huge smoke screen behind my car and the cabin started to smell like burnt oil

i backed off once i saw this then hit the gas again at 90 and the same thing happened

slowed down to 80 tryied again and there was no smoke

ran fine on the way home

when i got home i popped the hood and let it idle for a little while to check things out

it ran great except for a little sputter during idle

please help me i love this motor it runs great

oh yeah i checked to see if the smoke was consistant with the revs by running it to almost redline in second out by my house and there was nothing it only happened while it was in fifth at the highway going 105 or so

thanx for any and all help guys

i just hope it isnt the piston rings which i think it may be this is my daily driver so i cant have a long down time

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
have you checked for any oil leaks? If your car smoked like that the car might be putting out a large cloud of smoke under a large load.

HTH's

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Check your PCV system thoroughly and see if the ports in the TB are clogged with crud. Crankcase pressure can increase quite a bit under heavy load with a clogged PCV system.
HTH!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts