Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to buy a coils and spring what way would be goo for a daily driver. i want it to be stiff but not to low. and i also want sway bars to....

on a low budget

plz help:)

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
There are a number of vendors here that can help - Rabid Chimp, Raptor Racing, 935 Motorsports - they all have or can get springs.

Lots of good options out there for springs (Dobinson, King, Eibach, ST, etc) although availability varies on most of them. A couple different kinds of springs are also available (Addco, Whiteline).

Use the search function and you will find all kinds of info :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i cant find much.but does an 86 parts work on a 83. if so, then i found some.
when i replace the suspension what all parts should i replace.

Struts,coils,bushing,ect?

·
Registered
13,040 Posts
'86 was a change-over year, so maybe yes, but likely no.

...keep an eye out for used parts. You will find Eibach and SuspensionTechniques (or ST's) listed up ever so often. Both are moderate drops ~1" front and 1.5" rear. Either one will need to be combined with a good set of shocks/struts to make it ride decently. Regardless of what you do for springs, if you lower the front end you WILL want Roll Center Adjusters (or RCA's).

Bushings are somewhat of an as-needed type of part, how many miles on the car. As has been said before, if you're looking for new parts, check in our vendors section and see what they can get for you.

--BillyM

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i guess what im try to ask is. im buying struts,should i replace the bushing and spring that are stock.I got 137k on the dash. they seem good bc the car is stiff while turning.

so i was thinking struts,springs,bushings,and you said rca's
i just didn't want to leave anything out thats important to replace

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
k i think im gion to

thanks guys ill let you know when they come in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.