Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So here we are starting over!!!

They where fun but moving on (The twins are sold. Not in there new home but spoken for) to something that fits my driving stile better.

Still sooper cool

So what are we guna do now???

New air COOLED 6262DBB with a .68 AR

and im going with a cast manifold

This build is all about spool and broad power ban
you see with the twins i had a blast cruising on the freeway and running in a strait line but when i run the canyons i was falling right into transition so the power delivery was not what im use to. Having a 5speed and not a 6 didnt help with this as each shift was a bigger drop in the rpm range. So the new setup should have power when i wont it. BUT i will loose the fun 1st turbo passing on the freeway power.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
You need Armin's tattoo LOL " Can't leave well enough alone " :zzzzz: Your my idol Dave ,, keep striving for perfection !

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL let me show you all with dynos what im after

for 10 years i had a 7MGTE with a modded ct26 to4e 60 trim and this is what my power looked like.

So i got use to having power from under 4000 to 5500 when id shift.
then i moved on to this.

as you can see the power moved. I still have about the same usebole power range but its in a different spot. So i kept finding myself dropping into the dead spot with the twins. Having an ideal driving preference in my supra i decided i dont wont to adapt to the new power range i wont the motor to adapt to me.....

So the new setup should be a hybred of the 2 dynos I.E 400+ TQ from by or below 4000 to 6500 shift. We will see if this works as i think it will!!

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
oops .68 not 62 but yea will all be boring black..... Hoping to pass the motor off as a 7M when i smog it. Since thats what is smog cert is for.
lol good luck with that.

car is going to be a beast! hell, it was nuts with the sequentials I am sure.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I hear ya Dave ! I went from having 275ftlbs at 3200 to 190ftlbs :sadsmilie . It's a good thing I have a rev happy engine LOL

I'm looking forward to your dyno with this one ,, what kinda boost and power you aiming for ?

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im only shooting for ~400 to 450 on the street with pump gas should be like 12 to 16psi to hit that HP/TQ range. witch is 99% of my driving. I dont like to run more then ~17 psi on 91 pump crap

so this is my build guide
PHR stage one setup

or this home made one

With this setup i can still use the stock cats and or open DP witch i have in the car now.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow its bean so long since i started this thred!!!!!

Boy i have to catch all you up on my progress.

I got some materials together then dusted of my cutting and welding equipment and got to work

Got the big part tacked up

after that i had to get the WG all lined up to have the dump pipe to go back in followed by a place to add the o2 bung. And this is what i came up with

Man that wasnt ez. I really wont to make another set as this one really seams like a mockup pice but it will do.

Paint time.

So now thats all done....... have to get some more parts for the next steps!!!

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
Y do you make me hate you so?
What's a smog tech?? I don't get it! LOL!! U krack me up! Of course if I was a smog tech I wouldn't notice a flat black Tial MV-S either...if it's flat black its OEM! DUH! :duh:

Looks great bro...keep up the good work!

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
did you just throw that stuff in the fire pit and pull it back out?..haha..J/K.
I really like the numbers youre going for. 400-450 at 12-16 psi is awesome. If you can do it close to 12psi, then that would be perfect.

Thats why I also like Armins #'s. theyre good with low psi.

BTW..nice job on the fabrication. that had to be a bitch to get the wastegate pipe/dumpepipe lined up to the down pipe. What materials did you use, some 3" mild steel tubing? and what welder ? are you using a chop saw or band saw for cutting your piping?

suggestion...when you go get it smogged again...put a 7mgte sticker on the engine so they can see it easily.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
lets see i have a 14"chop saw
a thermal arc 185 tig with water cooled torch and
a Miller 140 mig just for tacking in car parts other then that i dont use it..... Ima tigger!!

If i tack a part in car or mig on a part at all its a mockup part now... hence the pipe i made for this, the welds really look like shit by my standers. So if i was to make more of these id make a jig of this part and do a better fitment/welding on the other parts. But anyway

And i like the sticker idea. LOL...... Look it 7m stickers dont lie!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Looks good!!

How do you like your TA 185? I almost got one but ended up getting a HTP Invertig 201.

About the SMOG thing, I have a CARB sticker on my intake so im good too rite? Naaa, but really, I feel that if im going to be under the microscope of the peoples republic I may as well go down in glorious flames.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts