Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two questions that I hope that somebody can help me with.

The first has to do with my the locks on my '85. They have suddenly decided to lock at their own will, once with my keys in the ignition. They often lock immediately when I close the door but will also lock while I am driving. Has anybody else had this problem? How did you fix this?

My second question has to do with a web site I stumbled into while I was navigating this site. A member had a site with a number of perfomance tips one of which was how to fabricate an open element intake using a 3" mandrel bent U-pipe from Whitney's. After I left the site it dawned on me that if I built this intake I could use the money I saved to make further perfomance modifications to my Toy. Does anybody know the address of this site or how to make this intake.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
here is some links to keep you busy...
http://www.xprt.net/~willber/supra_links.htm

Welcom to the board by the way!

I thought about making my own pipe but decided to buy a RC pipe (RC is short for rabid chimp look for it on my links page).

as far as the door locking thing their are some relays that might have gonebad/become disconected try using the search function in the general tech section for more info....

Regards

Will aka supra_toy

·
Registered
19 Posts
Door locking

I had the same problem as you . The engine was running with the doors locked grrrr... To solve the problem I removed the relay within the door. I can't remember the exact place it were located because it's happened many years ago. I'm not sure but I think that it was the relay who is related to the passenger door, the one who is working with the key in the lock. I hope that my english is not too bad for you.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Same problem. Only happens every now and then but have locked the keys in the car so may times I became a pro with the coat hanger. Trick is to grab ahold of opposite doors lock. Now I keep a spare in my wallet, home and office !!! That'll fix it for sure :twisted:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts