Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got my 5mgte running good now. I'm running 8psi on the stock injectors(just for now) with a rrfpr and it seems to be working fine but there is one thing, the car doesnt seem to be as fast as I was hoping when I get past 4psi the power seems to just flatten out. I was just hoping you guys had some tips on gettin this baby tuned correctly.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
It may seem to be running fine, but it may not. It's hard to tell without an AFR guage. It can give you a decent indication if you're leaning out or running too rich. A wideband AFR would be key. If you can't afford a wideband, you may want to just go to a dyno and have them measure your afr's while you tune. You may need to find a happy medium between your rrfpr setting and tweeking the afm.

Christian

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
8psi is a lot on stock injectors, I bet you are running lean. What ratio rrfpr are you running?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Stoich almost rich? That's your problem. You should not be runninch stoich under load. boosted afr's should be in the region of 12.5:1. You are probly maxing out your injectors if you're using a 10:1 and still cant get rich enough.

Christian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts