Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, so I got the car running but I’m running into a bit of an issue. The car starts and idle decently. It sorta sounds like a misfire but not really. All spark plugs are clean and properly gapped and all work. Timing is correct. Fuel is iffy. I think the filter is leaking. All the vacuum lines are capped cuz there’s no good diagram for this Frankenstein engine I’ve got going on. When I ease on the throttle, it revs pretty good. But if I put it to the floor, it bogs and dies if I hold it. If I let it go, it returns to normal. I did fuel injector rebuild kit about a year ago. I’m super lost please help

·
Registered
163 Posts
Why is fuel "iffy" ? Old? Or suspect low pressure?

Fuel filter leaking? It's under the intake manifold, you should be able to see fuel dripping or spraying if that's the case.

And above all else, FIX THE VACUUM LINES. Check the emissions and EFI sections of the link below

·
Super Moderator
7,917 Posts
You should specify model year.
The link above is from an 86, which applies to 84 and up. Look in the Emission Control section

Reactions: AJ

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's very imperative that the vacuum lines are all plumbed correctly. Is it a Frankenstein because you have different years of parts on the engine? I can see that happening if you try and put 82-83 parts on 84-86 engines and vice versa.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's very imperative that the vacuum lines are all plumbed correctly. Is it a Frankenstein because you have different years of parts on the engine? I can see that happening if you try and put 82-83 parts on 84-86 engines and vice versa.
yes that’s exactly what it is. I’m unsure of which parts came from which years. I guess my question to someone who knows the vacuum on these cars is could I get away just running the imperative vacuum lines and if so, which lines are those?

·
Premium Member
6,307 Posts
Please be more descriptive in your post. HELP? No.

Do you have this?
MK2 TSRM On-Line (cygnusx1.net) Save and look.
Most vacuum lines are imperative.
They tell the ECU what to do.
Wanna go to carburetors? Few are needed.
Does the distributor have a vacuum dashpot?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.