1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
pic doesn't work :?

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
This is your clutch master cylinder leaking. So it is brake fluid yes. Very common problem on Mk2's. You can either get a rebuild kit for the master cylinder or just get a whole new one for only about $5 more. Autozone? Had the new ones for approx $30.

Hey Andy, BTW, you didn't take long to rack up 50 posts! 3 days? Wow :lol:

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
dont wast your time on the rebuild kits.. get a full replacment.. next question please!

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Andy_French said:
Yeah, it doesnt take long to get alot of posts when you work at an office with a computer right there, and your job could be done by a blind, deaf, untrained monkey.
we must have the same job :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
ma615mgte said:
Andy_French said:
Yeah, it doesnt take long to get alot of posts when you work at an office with a computer right there, and your job could be done by a blind, deaf, untrained monkey.
we must have the same job :rotfl:
i need one of those =/ i can't even find a job. bleh...being 17 is annoying. Everywhere is like "we only hire 18 and up"

·
Registered
47 Posts
i need one of those =/ i can't even find a job. bleh...being 17 is annoying. Everywhere is like "we only hire 18 and up"[/quote]

poor you. you are 17 boo-hoo. life is so hard. :jerkit:

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
gtkilla said:
poor you. you are 17 boo-hoo. life is so hard. :jerkit:
at least he wants to work!

·
POTATO
17,207 Posts
I'm 22 and having a damn hard time finding a job...I've been chasing one for the past 2 weeks and all I get is "we haven't got your information yet call back such and such a day"
:roll: :x

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
People just wanna hire people they can fuck over the most. I got this job luckily. Its boring as hell, but it pays enough i suppose. I wish I made more, but what I make does the job. It would be nice if my gf would get a job so Im not paying everything hehe. Now I gotta get this fixed. Hopefully I can do it myself, if not, I guess im taking a trip to get it fixed.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Do you have a TSRM? Should be able to figure it out anyway. I just had to do this job a month or so back, takes about 30 mins. Simply remove the locking pin above the clutch pedal (inside the car). Disconnect the flare nut to the hard line in the engine bay. Then two nuts holding the master cyl to the fire wall. One may be in engine bay side, or both may be inside the car side.

Do the reverse to install the new one :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
wtf... something isnt adding up here... I call Canadian Tire, and they tell me for the Clutch Master Cylinder its 13.80 for the kit, and 57.44 for the slave, then I call partsource, and they say 22 for a rebuild kit, and 160 for the whole new thing. Is Canadian Tire on dope, and trying to sell me the wrong thing, or is partsource just that much higher in price?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, Canadian Tire must be the right price then. I mean... i asked for the Clutch Master Cylinder, those exact three words, and they gave me the two prices listed. So I dont know why partsource is charging 160 bucks for the Clutch Master Cylinder... damn crack whores.

I just talked to Napa, 91.27 for a new Clutch Master Cylinder.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts