Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Because Andrew sucks :) , and because I figured ppl wld snoop around in my photobucket and find these pix anyways... here's the story:

The editor from Hemmings Sports and Exotic Car magazine came down from VT to photograph my car last week. They will be running a story about me and my Supra. The guy was very cool... he interviewed me and shot various pix for several hours. I took him to the local airport for some cool runway and hanger shots. He said to expect the article to appear as a Buyers Guide story in their June issue. The Hemmings people and I started talking back in Oct, so this has been a long time coming for me.

I didnt want to say anything sooner in case things fell thru, or if they scrapped the idea, but based on my subsequent conversations with the guy, Im about 99% sure its gonna happen. I'll keep you posted!

Maybe this isnt huge news, but it does fulfill a dream of mine to get my car in print, and honestly, I think the exposure will be a great boost to the entire mk2 community.

Here's some pix I took while "riding his shoulder". These are not the professional pix that he took (god I hope they are better).

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Good Job Greg!!!!...I figured with your luck it would have rained cats and dogs on the day of the photoshoot.I assume thats why you wanted the pictures of the rust(for an article in the magazine)?

·
POTATO
17,242 Posts
OOO that's awesome! Congrats Greg! Gotta be the most deserving of this :) I'm sure that beauty of yours will make it to print

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Ok, I am very excited for you. And now I wont slap you. Cant wait to see the pics.

·
Premium Member
7,835 Posts
Congrats Greg!! You really deserve the recognition for your efforts on your car. And for the MK2 community its pretty cool!!!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Awesome! I'm getting the Supra appraised next month, hopefully just hopefully, this will increase the value of my car. Everyones car for that matter! Congrats Greg.

·
Super Moderator
8,309 Posts
Wow! Pretty cool Greg. Hopefully they do a good job with the story. I'm surprised Hemmings has an interest in the Mk2. I always thought they were Detriot iron and Euro classics centered.

I'd love to get mine in a magazine, but I don't think there is much of a place for its. Its not stock and it too old and non-riced for the import rags. I need a Hot Rod for imports lol.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Great job! :woot: Looking forward to the issue!

Maybe I can then take my car to the local concours.

Regards,
James R

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah Aaron.. they want me to proofread the story before it goes to print, so I'll make sure that its favorable and accurate.

Honestly this title "Sports and Exotic Car is perfectly focused for our cars. Ive been reading it since it began last Fall, and they cover alot of oddball foreign rides. Hemmings does have other Musclecar and Domestic Classics titled magazines too.

He actually told me they had been wanting to do a mk2 article, but were having trouble locating an original car... they didnt want any mods. They also want to highlight weak areas, thats why I asked for the rust pix. I sent them a bunch, but they have final say over what gets printed.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Beautiful car, Greg. I'm glad it's going into print. Letr us know what issue - I'm sure it'll be a hot seller for them.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Very cool!!! Good thing I just subscribed :) :) :)

·
Registered
430 Posts
very cool I snagged a couple of the pics for my screen saver :)

·
Registered
509 Posts
Wow, that is cool. You deserve the attention...beautiful car...your pics are great too. Hemmings has always been a class act. Just got classier.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Congrats Greg! I currently subscribe to Hemmings Muscle Machines, basically the same as Sports & Exotic Cars but more focused on the American muscle car. I read Sports & Exotic Cars every time I go to Borders and always thought the MK2 would be right at home in it! I love their auction reports too.

Eric

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Greg, did you ask them if they'd be upset if you scanned the article for all to read?

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Now you've gone and done it.......I have slobbered all over my keyboard :)

Actually I knew about this plan all along and was sworn to secrecy about it - one of the toughest ones to keep. The venue G chose is perfect - a little commuter aiport that makes a perfect backdrop.

We will have to insure Hemmings can print enough copies because I'm sure we will all scraf em up.

Congrats Greg on the success of this project!

(Now get rolling on my TA you wanker :badger: )

1 - 20 of 216 Posts