Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everybody... Im obviously new here but Im not new to cars. I just picked up an 83 mx63 cressida and Ive got big plans for her. I thought I would register here to pick up some info on swaps and such as I cant really find a good cressida forum.

Anyway, First off Im planning on going 5 speed and five lug. The 5 speed shouldnt be too big a problem.. Ive just got a few questions on how to keep my digital dash functioning correctly and if a 7mge 5 speed will work behind a 5m and what flywheel, driveshaft to use.. ect.. please dont tell me just to search because I have been for a week now and havent found my answers..

The five lug looks to be a chore. Luckily, I have connections at autocomp racecars. Its a fab shop a friend of mine owns here in Fort Worth that builds track cars and suspension components from the ground up. Marty can fab anything so Im going to put it on his shoulders on how to accomplish it. Once he figures it out I already have some evo x brembo brakes that will go under some advan sa3 wheels.. Ive been looking at the 5 lug thread and I might using the late z31 hubs.. maybe we can make them work..

Im also going to do the mr2 struts with coil sleeves in the front and the focus/camaro shocks in the rear.. if there is a better setup let me know.. Did the megan mx73 setup ever get released??

Anyway, I really would love to save my digital dash through this process and my eventual 7mgte swap as well.. so help with that would be needed..

Anyway, I dont have any good pics of my cressy yet but here it is how it sits for now.. Ive already got mkIII seats ready to bolt in as well.. They match the interior and everything haha

here is a pic of my Wifes Datsun, It used to be my daily but Ive moved on.. Its a little more slammed now but you get the idea..

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks in advance!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Welcome to the forum

I know jack squat about swapping a 7m into a Cressada, so sorry I can't help. I have seen people on here that put 5m motors in, but like I said I only know basic stuff so you'll have to find a professional on here that is willing to shed some light for you.

Nice looking cars btw, and thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car is already a 5mge.. For now I want to stick with the 5m.. I have a line on a cheap 7mge 5 speed.. Like 50 dollars.. I just dont know if the starter, flywheel, driveshaft, wiring, ect... will work with my stock 5m computer/dash/everything.. Thats my main help topic right now

·
Registered
463 Posts
All "M" motors share the same basic casting, and bell housing design. I would think it would be best to use everything from the 7M. You will probably have to have a driveshaft cut to length. Pretty easy though. Thrash driveshaft here in SA does it for I believe less than a bill. If your car runs, you must must must come to the meet in SA (Castroville), on Dec. 18/19th. Love the car man.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
thanks deric :) heres the info
look in the sig
deric your in charge of the 18 meet ;) sadly i wont be at that one :/

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys.. I appreciate it..

Im sorry but I already have plans for the 18th.. My team and I are going to the Lonestar bash in Mineral wells..

http://www.houston240sx.com/showthread.php?t=39338

For the local dfw guys we do have an old school meet every first sunday of the month in Fort Worth.. Its at the purple cow off of I30 and hulen street... Usually 10-20 cars..

Last meet had.. r33 gtr, 3 ae86's, datsun 510, 2 b210's, one rwd maxima, aw11 mr2, couple miatas and 240sx's, and a nice big turbo mkIII.. Im missing some other cars but you get the idea..

There are a few really cool cars that usually show up too.. A couple guys have mkII's, one guy has a 510 sss, same guy had a toyota crown there for a short period but sold it... another has a lotus 7 with a datsun a series in it.

Anyway, thanks for the invite but I will be drifting.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I went and pulled the tranny and discovered it is a r154.. I was looking at info on w58 auto to manual swaps and realized that the one I got today looks different.. So I looked up the 154 and guess what.. thats what I got..

I also grabbed the:
Clutch pressure plate and disk
Flywheel
all wiring connectors running to the tranny
The clutch pedal assembly
The master and slave cylinder plus the hardline
The crossmember
And the whole driveshaft.. front and back

Couple questions

Will I run into alot of wiring issues with the 154 from auto cressida swap?

And. Will I be able to use the driveshaft? Will I have to use the front half with my original rear? Or will I have to have one fabbed? Anyone have experience with the cressy or know someone who does??

Anyway, thats where Im at right now..

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
First of all welcome. Secondly, I'm not the most knowledgable guy here and third, I do know people here have to pound out the trans tunnel to make a R154 fit. Fourth, I love that body Cressy, had one to use as my summer car on year and then drove it west to east for the owner. Always have fond memories of that car and it was white.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts