Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Hey, turbos get kinda warm....

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Moorman 
#1 ·
After seeing this, I believe I'm in the market for a heat shield.....those poor hoses! (the color is wrong, but what do you expect from a really low light pic w/ a digi cam & now way to turn off color correction)

See less See more
#4 ·
Dragonfyre said:
that's why you need a good tubro timer, shutting a beast down without proper oil flow after shutdown won't make it like you.
Turbo timers are a waste of money, imo. The CT26 is water cooled so it's really not nessary.

Having no heatshields is bad. Your IC pipes get cooked reversing any good the intercooler does.

Lose that stock elbow and get the suprasport. You will notice a big drop in engine bay heat not to mention a BIG increase in torque.

#5 ·
WadeT said:
Dragonfyre said:
that's why you need a good tubro timer, shutting a beast down without proper oil flow after shutdown won't make it like you.
Turbo timers are a waste of money, imo. The CT26 is water cooled so it's really not nessary.

Having no heatshields is bad. Your IC pipes get cooked reversing any good the intercooler does.

Lose that stock elbow and get the suprasport. You will notice a big drop in engine bay heat not to mention a BIG increase in torque.
...that IS the suprasport elbow.

Even water cooled, I wouldn't dare stop circulating fluids while that hot. The picture was taken after running up to 80, braking to a stop, pop the hood, plant tripod, and shoot. It doesn't stay glowing for long, but is definitely mesmerizing while it does. 8) I hadn't personally seen that kind of picture before and thought it might make a fun post.

#6 ·
...that IS the suprasport elbow.

Even water cooled, I wouldn't dare stop circulating fluids while that hot. The picture was taken after running up to 80, braking to a stop, pop the hood, plant tripod, and shoot. It doesn't stay glowing for long, but is definitely mesmerizing while it does. 8) I hadn't personally seen that kind of picture before and thought it might make a fun post.
AHhHH, the blurry pic makes it look stock!

#7 ·
WadeT said:
AHhHH, the blurry pic makes it look stock!
Yeah, the digicam has no autofocus illumination. The turbo wasn't bright enough to pick up as a focus source, so it's blurry....plus I was in a hurry to setup the tripod before it cooled too much to be seen, else I could've put a flashlight on it to focus first. This was rougly an 8second exposure plus photoshop contrast enhancement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.