Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im 18 and this is my first (running) car. and most importantly my first ever manual.

Its an '82 L-type. Its all stock from what i can tell. except for the paintjob. its white now but i believe the original color was a light brown metallic. it has a maroon/red interior. analog gauges. sunroof. 5-spd. It has 140k miles on it, although its still in fairly good condition, the interior is worn at best. i hope its bettter after an extensive cleaning. it has the 7band equalizer, yet the radio does not work. not sure where the issue is headunit or speakers or something else. it has an oil leak and from the limited resaerch ive done it seems the rear main seal is a likely culprit yet it could be any number of things on a motor this old. also at 4000rpms i start to feel i vibration in the throttle. any ideas? i took it out on some backroads today, the handling is sure, though i didnt really push it to its limits. i did get a good feeling of where the car was on the road. i felt quite a bit of bodyroll however. some of the first modifactions i will do are going to be mostly in handling. i.e. new struts and springs, and tires. maybe some time in the future i will worry about hp, but ill learn how to drive well before i do anything about that.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Another L type; welcome.
Beige metallic was probably paired with a terracotta interior. Search on 'l type' and learn more.
Put a 'location' in your profile and seek local members.

Ken

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Welcome to the forums!!

To figure out what your car originally looked like, look at the 2 "Sticky" threads that are in the FAQ section. One is for the Paint Code, the other is for the Trim Code. This information can be found on the metal dataplate that is attached to your firewall underneath the hood. Read off what the digits on the bottom of the plate says & we can help you determine what you have.

The paint code will be the first three digits, & your trim code will be the next 4 digits. If what your colors are what you say they are, you should find the following on the data plate.

The paint code "should" say 4A5.

The trim code "should" say FW31.

Let us know what you find. Thanks.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CJSREDPRA said:
Welcome to the forums!!

To figure out what your car originally looked like, look at the 2 "Sticky" threads that are in the FAQ section. One is for the Paint Code, the other is for the Trim Code. This information can be found on the metal dataplate that is attached to your firewall underneath the hood. Read off what the digits on the bottom of the plate says & we can help you determine what you have.

The paint code will be the first three digits, & your trim code will be the next 4 digits. If what your colors are what you say they are, you should find the following on the data plate.

The paint code "should" say 4A5.

The trim code "should" say FW31.

Let us know what you find. Thanks.

yeah, those are exactly the codes. im most likely going to paint it back to its original color. less maintenance compared to black or anything else.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
man longbow, you're the first noob in a few months that seems intelligent...lol. You can search but some would probably say that your center bearing or your universal joints in your driveshaft are to blame for the vibration at 4000 rpms....only a guess. Welcome to the forum and have fun with the supra...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts