Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.
I've been looking around the forums for a while and thought that I would finally post something.
My name is Mack from Brisbane, Australia. almost 16 (next year), and my dad recently bought me a 1984 mk2 supra. It's red and seems to have only a few rust spots.
At the moment it has a 5me engine in it, unfortunately not running, and we are putting another one in from a crown we bought.
Later when i get some money, I am thinking about putting a 5mge engine in it, and was just wondering if there are any modifications needed for the transplant.
Thanks
Mack

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Most of us here from North America aren't too familiar with the 5ME in the MA61 body as we got the 5MGE only (except a few that arrived by mistake in Canada - plus LHD issues). You'll need the ECU from the Crown. But there should be few issues except for the engine harness to the ECU - you will have to swap that as well, and there may have to be a connection or two to the ECU that you'll have to hardwire (particularly if an automatic transmission). Ditto for a 6MGE if later Crown. But pretty much plug-and-play. No issues with engine mounts or fuel. I'd check the radiator lines (the radiators for the Cressida and Supra are different even with the same 5MGE engine). If running air conditioning, there might be issues connecting the hoses.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts