Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
oh man I want to repaint my whole car!! that would be awesome... just blind the hell out of everyone. Wonder how much that would even run. They painted 50 cents Lambo with it.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVLEfctYW0k&NR=1&feature=fvwp

hmmm.... looks more like polished aluminum on the car vs. chrome on the darth helmet.... wonder why

·
Registered
348 Posts
That was way freaking cool!!!! I would love to do this kind of stuff. I wish I had the financial independence required for purchasing this system. I wonder what kind of longevity this has.

·
Registered
325 Posts
paint the whole under of the car like that would look hella cool

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
I wonder if the fact that it's paint means that it's not as durable as conventional chrome plate? I'm not convinced. I'd have to see it in real life first.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote from the video comments
youtube.com video said:
The chrome is molecular (chemical reaction - no weight). You can chrome the inside of the rc body and the front will be protected by the plastic. You can also use Alumaluster which only needs a paint gun or airbrush to apply. See the website hardlifestyledotcom.

·
is awesome
2,736 Posts
Just going by what the video says. No reason to shout.
Please reference the sig... I only type in caps to make skimming easier if I was going to "Shout" as you put it, I would type the ENTIRE response in caps. Again... I don't understand why people get bent when people use caps and call it shouting. It's not shouting, you can't shout it's the Internet. It makes for some incredibly impossible to read text that's for sure, and it's horrible etiquette, but shouting... perhaps. But I'm not shouting.

As for your statement. Sure the paint is Chrome colored, and is indeed a molecular reaction, and can be referred to as chrome in passing reference. However it differs greatly from Chrome Plating, or Chrome Plated metals.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Yeah - looks like a Darth Vader helmet - seems suspicious - but looks good - not for underneath the car - reserved for only black - IMO

1 - 11 of 11 Posts