Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

What's the highest F series diff ratio you have seen? I want to upgrade to a higher ratio for my Supra (currently 4.11:1), but the highest I've found is 3.73:1. I think a 3.5:1 ratio would work nicely with my engine, but where can I find such a thing? Help!

·
Registered
247 Posts
You can get a 3.42 R&P out of a 85 celica with the solid axle, it should fit right in. Either that or out of a truck, but I don't know what years.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Norbie, don't reckon you'd get a whole diff. You could get a 3.53 from a Celica and get that rebuilt with a Truetrac if we end up getting them later this year?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not after a whole diff, just the R&P set (ie ring and pinion). I know I could probably score a second-hand 3.5 gear set (not that I've ever seen that ratio on a Celica), but like I said I'd prefer to buy new. Unfortunately I've only seen F series gear sets available from 4WD-oriented outlets, and they usually don't supply high ratios. :(

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sorry, wouldn't be able to tell you where to get one new. But, I might be selling an F-series LSD to Stefan. His car currently has a 3.53 open F-series diff, so you'd be able to do it that way. I might be hanging on to my diff for them moment, but I know someone else who may be able to sell him a working LSD one, then he wouldn't need his.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Norbie,the hilux truck or celica are your only options.Both had 3.58 or 3.42 available.The hilux also had a 3.07 in some 4spd models.The only sources I have found,are Toyota new,or used from a wrecker.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Norbie said:
I assume you're talking about the front diff in 4WD Hilux's?
Sorry,2wd trucks,not 4x4's,have the correct rear r+p.The 3.42 in Ophir's is from an 89,5spd truck.With your 2jz,a 3.42 would be wicked fast,I could only imagine.With the 7mgte and to4e,I have had his car at 145mph+ in 4th gear,and not redlined :shock:
The 3.07's from a 87-92 4spd might be an option with that mkII/2jz combo.You have enough torque/weight ratio to be ahead of the game vs a mkIV and it's 3.13 as I recall.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts