Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hard

the damage

and the insurance company won't cover anything at all.... they want me to pay a 750$ minimum and the work won't got anywhere near that. i was pissed beyond believe once i found that out, but i found some brand new fiberglass fenders for 500-600$ all four, 1.5" wider and with flares. so i guess i'll live.

SUPRA CONTENT:

I looked in my car (thats been sitting for the winter) and found mold EVERYWHERE and i nearly dokkied a shooter, so i left the doors open all day for two days, checked it today and it was almost all gone :ugh:, so i cleaned off what was left and pulled the seats out and turned them into chairs for my suit until i can put them back in.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
second driveway in the back; under a cover, but it has some holes in the quarter panels because of rust, so the moisture gets in. but summers back, and i'm leaving the doors open during the day so the wind can blow through.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
What kind of cover is it? If it is a tarp, they are the worst thing in the world to put on top of a car while it is sitting.

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
ditto on the tarp, honestly dude just dont put anything on it and brush off the snow / filth from trees until your ready to do something with it. Unless you put up a car port, covering it in almost any way is not going to give you any gain.

·
Registered
673 Posts
MOLD SUCKS! I this is my first winter in my new boat and iv been battling it since it got rainy. I use fans everywhere I'm sure if you put a little cheep fan it there on low and a window cracked just a bit it would stay fresh. if the rain doesn't get in that is.

What do you mean summers back? we got six more weeks of winter right?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well the mold is gone anyway, but yeah i only had it under a car cover for the snowy weeks, it's been out for a month or so now, and no trees of bushes or anything around it, so i'm good to go.

·
Registered
622 Posts
My dad used to be a bodyman and he recommends using 2-3 bed sheets to protect the paint with a canvas cover over them. I believe him but haven't personally tried this myself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts