Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm new here.

I was reading the other day when I came across the article on the HKS TT exaust manifold. I was wondering if Anyone has gotten ahold of one, or id using one.

I'm thinking about buying an 84 MKII. The only problem is that it doesn't work, and the guy wont sell it for less than $900 (he's pissing me off, cause I offered $600, and because he's at a car lot, he says that Tax, Tag, Tittle, and Processing brings it up to $900. I say that's bull).

I figured that since I need to get the engine worked on, I might as well get the TT exause manifold (Got an e-mail addy from a guy at Jarco :wink: ) and hook up twin t3-t04Es up to it.

Would this be a good Idea?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
This sounds like a great idea...however the twin turbo exhaust manifold is a rare beast and hard to find-and expensive when you do :cry: The 7mgte option would probably be cheaper and more reliable with more power to boot :wink:

-Wil

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I figured that twin turbo would be the best way to go. I'm not too sure on the response of the 7m, but I just figured that I'd have less lag with two turbos. Besides, I'd try and get as much power as I could out of the 5m before trying a 1jz swap.

I know it'll be expensive, but it would be a hella sweet drifter.

·
Super Moderator
10,577 Posts
Hey no fair, we just had this argument. We usually try to do this one only once every 6 months :wink:

Heres the last arguement on the subject....

http://www.celicasupra.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541

As for the manifold, I don't think rare is the word. I was under the impression that there was only a hand full of them around in the world. You'd be better off having a custom fabbed one made, it would actually be cheaper. The last one I saw for sale the guy wanted near 2gs for it. But when 7mgte manifolds are so cheap and plentiful, why bother? (therotical question, please don't answer it!)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm. Thanks for that.

Oh well. I'm a big fan of two turbos under the hood, rather than one.

I just want to make a nice drift car.

I guess it's all in taste, and how you want to build your car.

Once I get back from Basic Training, I'll have to look more into that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts