Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,154 Posts
Abomination said:
3-4K rpms should be fine right? Will that wear anything out quickly since the car is so old? Are K&N Air filters street legal?
the car was built to run hard. If you maintain it properly then you can run it to redline all you want. I did. No problems.

· Registered
1,154 Posts
82Spearco said:
quick said:
the car was built to run hard. If you maintain it properly then you can run it to redline all you want. I did. No problems.
So that explains the cracked head.... :lol:
I never ran the Spearco car hard. :) I drove it twice before you got it. Once from Seattle to Portland and once from my house to the shipper. It was never in boost for more than 2 seconds because it detonated under boost.

Like I told you when I decided I didn't want it -- the car was way more of a project than what it was represented to me. I provided full disclosure on it detonating, etc when we talked about it. You knew everything I knew. Seems like you don't believe that though. :(

Regardless the car was a good deal IMO.

I remember when you were trying to find a new head for the car -- 99% of the heads you ran into were cracked. Sounds to me like this is an problem endemic to the 5M-GE head.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.