Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Honda... over priced speed. Cool car and all, but for what dudes pay for a k swap is out there for what they can get from other car makers.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
This is my ....replacement...... for my supra until I get my supra fixed

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
After touring a Priority Honda dealership and speaking to guys pretty high up, yea I got respect for them. I'm not fond of many new cars whether they Honda or Toyota. I don't hate though. It's not the car so much as some of the people that drive them that makes Honda skeptical haha.

I think we can all agree they aren't bad cars.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
My buddy just told me that girls aren't impressed when his VTEC goes 'BWAAAAHH', but they like being scared when my car goes sideways!

·
Super Moderator
8,165 Posts
My Dad had a Civic like that except it was dark grey. Probably the best car we ever had. It had low 400k miles on it when we got rid of it. Never missed a beat the entire times with pretty much no maintanence. For a cheapie car it was fun to drive too. It was like a go kart, had great visibility, and tons of trunk space in a small package. I wish you could buy a new car like that gen Civic today.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Damn straight. I got my dad to look at one of the JNC mags, and he pointed out the Green 81ish civic they had in there. He told me that was the same as the one my mom rolled with me and him in it when I was a year old!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Love my Supra and want a Civic

I'm a Honda fan. I think they make reliabe cars and eventually wanna park 1st Gen Civic next to my Supra. My dad has a 74 Civic and a 75 wagom he is restoring; I was almost born in a 78. Honostly if it weren't for my wife we would have bought a Honda instead of the Supra (not sad we didnt I love this car). But I am biased; my family goes way back with Honda. My granpa was the first factory cert. Honda mechanic in the country.

·
Registered
137 Posts
i had a '92 Civic EX (not riced out Joe AKA Solo1Supra can Verify) i bought used and it was a very reliable car that was good in snow, the 5 speed helped as well. In the 4 years i had it all i put in was half shafts, exept for Normal Maint - tires brakes oil changes. my mom had a '94 Civic LX and in the 5 years she had it all she had to do to it was a Distributor other than normal maint. All in all they were both great cars. the only Hondas i dont like are the ones that look like they just came out of the Fast and Furious movie but have no engine mods done

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I always liked both - and still do - IIRC my '91 CRX Si has ~ the same qtr mile time as a '83 MKII

·
Registered
199 Posts
Honda doesnt make bad cars, but everyone who owns one thinks its automatically a race car, when in reality, its an affordable, reliable economy car.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts