Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,102 Posts
Their Economy/Family cars are all FWD, cause thats best for packaging/manufacturing/drivers who treat their cars as appliances. Their sports/race cars ARE RWD-S2000 and NSX, ya know...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
466 Posts
i love my 94 5 speed hatch,
alittle 2.0 motor gets me to run a 12.6 quater mile with basic mods and fully gutted.
Oh so much fun.

b20 vtec
rods pistons i/h/e axles
a tranny out of a 1997 civic si
and she hustlesss.
streets tires :[

·
Registered
577 Posts
I bought one back in 1999. It was a 1997 Prelude Type SH that just came off from a lease. I bought the car with 17,000 miles. One week after buying the car the car began having problems all the time (literally, the car was at the dealer at least twice a month). One week after buying it, the whole bottom end had to be replaced. The bill came to over $5,000 with labor. Luckily I didn't have to pay (Honda did). And from then on, there were stupid issues all the time. I think the check engine light was on more than it was off. For some reason it had problems (sporadically) with acceleration. I could be pulling out into a busy road and the car would not want to move. It would make very weird noises and barely pick up speed....even with the accelerator mashed to the floor. The car had plenty of electrical problems, timing issues, vaccume leaks along with many other problems the whole time I owned it. After 3-years I had had enough and sold it. I have had excellent luck since with Ford, Lincoln Toyota and Lexus products.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
I bought one back in 1999. It was a 1997 Prelude Type SH that just came off from a lease. I bought the car with 17,000 miles. One week after buying the car the car began having problems all the time (literally, the car was at the dealer at least twice a month). One week after buying it, the whole bottom end had to be replaced. The bill came to over $5,000 with labor. Luckily I didn't have to pay (Honda did). And from then on, there were stupid issues all the time. I think the check engine light was on more than it was off. For some reason it had problems (sporadically) with acceleration. I could be pulling out into a busy road and the car would not want to move. It would make very weird noises and barely pick up speed....even with the accelerator mashed to the floor. The car had plenty of electrical problems, timing issues, vaccume leaks along with many other problems the whole time I owned it. After 3-years I had had enough and sold it. I have had excellent luck since with Ford, Lincoln Toyota and Lexus products.
Sounds like you got a bad one. I've seen many that never give an issue. No need to go back and try another though. You've got a 7M Supra.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
those late model preludes were notorious for having issues. i though about buying one as a daily since i really like the way the look, handle, and theyre comfortable and ride nice. anyway, i talked to a guy i know who is hardcore honda and he basically told me to stay away. they have issues, are a pain to work on, and parts are like double what they are for civics and accords.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I have a Civic as a daily driver. Great little car. Great gas mileage too. I would never mod one unless it was a hatchback like that. In which case, I would use it only for auto cross. That particular one weighs not even 2000 lbs if I can remember correctly. And the aftermarket is virtually endless.

However, the thefts on these things are through the roof. I know a lot of Honda guys and they HAVE to be discreet about their cars because shady people follow them all the time. One of my friends actually bought a boot for his car for when he drives down town.

·
Registered
92 Posts
He said AFFORDABLE. How much do YOU make????
used theyre like $14000 from a dealership, thats not too bad for what youre getting.

·
Registered
92 Posts
If all hondas boy racer type cars,....basically any of the vtec ones were RWD everyone would go nuts for them!

Wonder why they keept to FWD all these years.
Theyre good at what they do and stick to it. Then when they make a not FWD car it blows people away see: NSX, S2000 and a blast from the past the S800

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
Ouch! In Philly, Honda/Acura/Toyotas are being robbed of their factory aluminum wheels. I switched to the Gorilla 'System' with all locks.

·
Premium Member
6,102 Posts
used theyre like $14000 from a dealership, thats not too bad for what youre getting.
Value is different from Affordability. Great Value, I still cant Afford it.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Value is different from Affordability. Great Value, I still cant Afford it.
I buy cars that I can save and buy. If its more than a months salary, I can't afford it. I only pay monthly for the house.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts