Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i accidently snapped a bolt in the hood i have the other 3 in their they are all fine but i have one that is stuck in the hood from when i snapped the bolt. i was wondering how the hell i get that bolt out? and also i can't get my hatch to stay closed i'll close it but it won't latch why would it be doing that? well if anyone has any idea's about the hood bolt on how to get it out and also how to make my hatch latch it would be helpful thanks

Dan

·
Super Moderator
8,393 Posts
Probably the best way to get it out would be to remove the hood and use an easy out of the bolt stub. If there is a stubby sticking out you might be able to use vise grips on it or use a dremel cut off wheel and put a screw slot in the stub. Try pushing down or the latch part and see if the latch will latch. If so you might just need to adjust the hood or latch.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no stub or anything

thier isn't a stub part to grab onto but i might be able to use a dremel and cut a hole in it to make it have a head on it like a screw and screw it out but only thing is i think it is kinda in a little crooked and thats why it snapped when i was taking it out. let me know what i should do i'm going to take the hood off but don't have an easy out. thanks

Dan

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
You could either cut a slot in the bolt and try to unscrew it or if you have a welder handy try to weld a top on to it. Other than that you might have to drill it out and retap the hole .....

Do you have a strut bar on it. I just got done putting the strut bar from my wrecked 85 onto my new 85 and had to bend it alittle to get it to fit without touching the hood.

will

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
strut bar

it's been so long i don't rember wheather or not i have the strut bar connected or not i don't think i do or anything but i'm going to try and dremel the hole in it to unscrew it out that sounds like the best idea right now since i don't have a welder lol and also my car is at my bosses house in the woods lol so the only tools i got are what i bring with me that day lol and no dremel lol i should ask him to borrow a dremel lol thanks.

Dan

·
Super Moderator
8,393 Posts
Go get an easy out and left hand drill from from the hardware store. Use the left hand drill to drill the hole for the easy out. Many times the screw comes just when you drill the hole. If not pound the easy out in and use that to unscrew it. Just hope that the easy out doesn't break because then you are screwed (no pun intended)

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
For the Hatch Try moving the loop (hatch side) down slightly This fixed mine. Just 2 ten millimters bolts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts