Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking over my "new" car and found I'm missing a black plastic trim piece that attaches to the hood, just over the driver's side headlight by two screws. I'm not seeing them shown on Toyota parts sites, and don't know what term to search for. Any help in giving me some direction would be appreciated. I can get a picture if needed, but I figured some of those more experienced members know the part I'm talking about.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Are you talking about the headlight whiskers? Look up celica supra headlight whisker on google images. People make reproductions and toyota still sells them new (i think unless they stopped making them recently)

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, there are pieces mounted to the hood, just over the back of each headlight (one for each light). They're not visible really with the hood closed, but I assume you can see them when the headlights pop up. There are two screws in each that attach them to the hood. Same material and finish as the stock whiskers though.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
They are light metal and I think I have a pair in storage but it will be at least a month before I get home

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any idea what they're called? I'm in no hurry on them as I'm still taking inventory of the car to see what needs to be done for a driver-quality restoration.

·
Super Moderator
8,258 Posts
They're plastic and they are usually gone on most cars. It's a mirror of the part on the right side. You have to remove the drivers side one to remove the battery and the original clips break easily. Hence most got tossed over the years. Not really a great design on Toyota's part IMO. The part number is 54128-14010.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope, I've got those. I'm talking about the piece on the hood itself. It attaches to the two holes circled in red via screws. Didn't think to take a picture of the passenger side one that is present and accounted for.

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
Not on the epc diagrams, but they do exist!

Should not be hard to find on parts car, because people did not have any reason to take them off. (only for a clean repaint)

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
I am almost certain they are light metal, coated with something. I don't know what to call them . L shaped Only visible when the hood is raised and perhaps a dam of sorts to divert rain .Email me and I'll dig them up let you know if I still have them....unless I am talking about the wrong part.

·
Registered
125 Posts

These what your looking for?
Omg ive never seen the cloth fire retardent thing on the inside of a celica supra hood. I need to find one. Is that a reproduction? Doing a restomod look for my car so that is a must.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
These what your looking for? The trim pieces on each corner of the hood?
Yup, that's them! I've got the passenger one, but not the driver's one for some reason. Also gonna have to check out that insulator since mine's a bit worn like most.

supkar- I'll email once I've got enough posts to do so. Thanks!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wanted to say thanks to Supkar for getting me that missing piece. Car is quickly working its way back to pristine condition with the help of forum members here.

·
Premium Member
7,756 Posts
Nice work everyone!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts