Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I don't know what happened but my car horn just randomly started going off whenever I would turn the steering wheel of my 2010 Toyota Corolla XRS. Idk if the steering wheel was hit bad or one of the part is going bad.

I took it to a shop and they said it was due to an air bag module that was bent and whenever I would turn the wheel, it would cause it to do something. They were very sketchy about it and they didn't really know what it was hitting. I informed them that I thought it was the clockspring under my steering wheel but they said the air bag module and the clockspring was one part. The shop called me and they said they found a used air bag module at a junk yard for 400 bucks, and that the labor would take 3 hours.

I called a toyota dealership and they said the the clockspring and the air bag module are two different parts. And that the air bag module would have nothing to do with the horn going off randomly.

Any advice guys?

·
Super Moderator
8,133 Posts
Take the airbag off and look for the horn connector. It may just be floating around loose. All that happens when you push on the airbag the back makes contact with the metal on the steering wheel. If you want the quick fix just pull the horn fuse or unplug the horn.

·
Registered
103 Posts
We need to better vet these fake accounts. Who comes to an 80's Supra forum to ask questions abt a 2010 Corolla's horn ?!? LMAO

·
Whistles
1,047 Posts
Matches the FB post, too. Somebody's having a good time with it, ha!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts