Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks! That explains why they are a bit loose :32: 4mm seemed to be the only ones to find here at the local stores so i just guessed that it was what should be used when i bought it.

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks! The Swedish distributor did not seem to sell the 3mm ones in their webshop though. But i have already ordered some from eBay which should arrive soon. Ordered yellow to match the car :) Not to sure about quality though but if its crap i will probably go for normal rubber hoses which i have found was actually available in another store near here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
hey does anyone have a diagram for the vacuum hoses in '85 models? i don't see it anywhere and my hoses are a mess, i would appreciate any help, my intake plenum has the "bolt" attached to it and has two hose input that i really don't know where they go and TSRM can't help, plus my diagram under the hood is different :sadsmilie

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
A LOT of those small vacuum hoses are for the EGR circuit operation.
I think that you are emission exempt,anyway.
If you find an OPEN hose,cap it off. Not at the front of the intake manifold. One hose needs to stay un-capped.
We will eventually need a clear photo of your vacuum hose mess on your '85 5MGE.

Has the engine been changed?

·
Registered
11 Posts
it hasn't been changed i will upload pics as soon as i can but for now i must keep searching for a diagram for correct placing of the hoses, i'm surprised i can't get any info in the TSRM.
anyway i have further plans to remove the egr and all emissions control since they are not required in my country, but i need to make some block off plates

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
You don't have to remove the EGR,just disable it. Simply cap off the hoses that go to it and the transducer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is an older thread, but I hope it's still active?

I'm looking for new intake hoses for my '85 Supra; the originals are beginning to split and allow air to leak into the flow, which obviously the MAF can't detect.

Also, not related, but does anyone know where I can find:

1. Replacement keys (ours are special--as in unique to the Supra). (Yes, I have the key codes.)

2. Replacement lift gate latch assembly. (The hatch mounted latch somehow became bent/damaged when I tried to close it with the car on a hill--the Supra body is about as stiff as Swiss Cheese!)

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
1. You can get the keys cut with regular blanks, the head will be too wide, but you can grind it down to fit.
2. Parts cars, make a wanted thread

Intake hoses are either used or generic aftermarket.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts