Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check the Kill Stories section -- it might be nice to have a drag racing forum for those that are into it...

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good to me.
Drag Racing and AutoX/Road Racing

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
I'd like to see both 8)

·
Registered
151 Posts
quick said:
Check the Kill Stories section -- it might be nice to have a drag racing forum for those that are into it...
Yeah A drag Racing Forum is a good on as well a AUTOX section so that for the fanatics of straight line (including me) :multi: and going side ways (also me) :D

·
Super Moderator
8,391 Posts
What about just a single "Competition" Forum, thats all inclusive for drag, road, autoX etc. I don't think there would be enough Mk2 traffic to regularly fill a single forum for each.

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
Yea, we can rename this forum to:
'Racing' Street, Drag, Autox etc. talk about it here.

Whatta ya think?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That sounds fine to me. VROOM!

;)

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
_HOT_M16 said:
I dont want to share a sexy Track/Autox section with those smelly straight-liners.

Dragracers? Booooooo!

--BillyM (aka G-stock driftking)
Ummmm...

Perhaps we could talk them into bathing, or something?

*wondering if 1/4 mile racing really does promote B.O.*

·
Registered
13,117 Posts
I bet it does...

Its probably from the time wasted at the stage wondering if their uber-skill-less ass will shift correctly or not this time (because, thats really the hardest part *down shift up*)... :roll:

VIVA LA AUTOCROSS!
--BillyM

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To be honest I think the hardest part is the launch. The line between bog and spin can be a narrow one.

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
drag racing a 14-17sec car isnt anything special. Drag racing a fast car is in fact quite challenging, since consistency is the name of the game. Look at the Pro Stock NHRA class, they all run 6 sec 1/4 miles and are 100th of a second within each other....the competition is just phenominal.

Really, have you ever driven a 1000+hp car on a strip? Thats a narrow lane, and accelerating that fast s quite challenging to control....

_HOT_M16 said:
I bet it does...

Its probably from the time wasted at the stage wondering if their uber-skill-less ass will shift correctly or not this time (because, thats really the hardest part *down shift up*)... :roll:

VIVA LA AUTOCROSS!
--BillyM

·
Registered
13,117 Posts
As compared to autox'ing one of those 1,000hp cars, ever done that?

Rev, rev, rev, "Car On The Course", *SCREEEEE- "DNF" -EEEEEECH*

Fact of the matter is: Dragracing... BOOOOO!, Autox... YAY!

Viva la AutoX!

--BillyM

Seriously though, I think the topics are farther apart than "7m" and "1-2jz", and they get their own repsectively.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Have you ever heard of the pyramid of speed?
http://www.nsxfiles.com/Pyramid_of_speed.htm
Autocrossers
Next, we have the autocrossers, a special breed among themselves. They frown on the illegal freeway and street racers as wreckless morons. They laugh at the 1/4 mile Drag Racers, as those goons can only go fast in a straight line. Hell, you can probably get a monkey or an 90 year old grandmother than can stomp on the gas and make three shifts in 12 seconds without crashing. Reaction speed of drag racers on the start? Shit....reaction speed to autocrossers is learning a 15 turn autocross course the first time by driving out there and not hitting any freaking cones, and making some dramatic left-right-left turns without spinning out (despite the fact that they are going at a blazing 35 mph!)

Favorite type of woman: A female who has the whole day to burn, and can stand a safety cone upright, as they sucker them into being cone-corner workers.

Favorite magazine: The SCCA's SportsCar magazine and the SCCA FastTrack, so they can obey the Rule Nazi's and read and interpret drivel such as this. These guys actually like reading a book of rules about how to go around cones at 35 mph!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There's plenty of room to mock the typical MkIV owners (highway racers). :) I usually race from a dig, so... ;)

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Kinda off the topic a bit Quick... but that kinda leads to something that I have wanted explained to me for a bit...

Why is it that the 6 speeds are more sought after, when the people who want them ineveitably only turn them to a drag car... when an Automatic with a moderate stall speed and brake boosting is MUCH more suited to racing from a dig...

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Supra Bob said:
Kinda off the topic a bit Quick... but that kinda leads to something that I have wanted explained to me for a bit...

Why is it that the 6 speeds are more sought after, when the people who want them ineveitably only turn them to a drag car... when an Automatic with a moderate stall speed and brake boosting is MUCH more suited to racing from a dig...
Well -- you're overgeneralizing IMO.

The 6spd is rarer and of course more performance-oriented.
...but not everyone with a 6spd goes the drag racing route...

I just don't understand why people drag race Supras -- they're GT's or GT-S's. Drag racing is pretty boring as well in comparison to road racing... to each his own I guess.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts