Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok... shes got 400k on her and smokes on takeoff after idling for a little longer than a stoplight, which is totally bareable. but I did a compression test awhile back and it told me that the compression was down from170 on the outside cylinders to 120 on the middle two. my guesses on the low compression would be warped head/blown HG, because rings wear equally and there was little difference between the wet and dry compression tests. no noises from the bottom end can be heard, no smoke from the engine bay or white smoke out the back and it never misses. the only thing im concerned about is the power im not getting.
the anti-freeze is kinda muddy and there are a few little bubbles after leaving it run a while.

my car is so quiet at idle that a friend accually came up to me and said, "uh, man, your car is making a noise" I told him it was running.

so... in other words I'm just waiting for someone to say, "It isn't worth the trouble, drive it like that... and then sawp in a lexus v8!" :lol:

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
in other words I'm just waiting for someone to say, "It isn't worth the trouble, drive it like that... and then sawp in a lexus v8!"

Sounds like the plan is already set to me :shock: 8)

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
RobMK2 said:
"It isn't worth the trouble, drive it like that... and then sawp in a lexus v8!"

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:lol: , thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts