Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
b/c i go roughly half a tank of gas every 120-40 miles per fill up of about 6 gallons. the gas tank measure isn't exactly right and it never goes to full. always 3/4 full and i try and fill it up at 1/4 full. again about 6 gallons at 120 miles. i drive about 40 miles daily...

so yeah... back to my question:

how big the gas tank in terms of gallons?

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
i think its 16 gals but I could be wrong

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Answer.... 16.1 gallons. Forgot how much this is in litre's.

Roughly the last gallon + 1/2 is NOT usable, this is so that the fuel pump does not pickup all of the crud that is at the bottom of the tank.

You say that your fuel guage needle does not go all the way up when you fill the tank??? Sound like you may need to replace the fuel guage sending unit.

·
Super Moderator
8,393 Posts
16.1 gallons is the offical size I believe. You'll run out of gas around 14.5-15 gallons though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ah... thanks... the gas tank is a tad dented too so i prolly am gonna need a new one of those... eventually...

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
when i ran out in the parking lot, i put 58.82 liters in it :)
i think that included filling the filler pipe most, if not all the way to the cap tho, the gas jockey was a dumb cunt and seemed to enjoy putting in the last half a penny worth of fuel... probably spilled all over my car too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts