• Hardly ever (Shame on you!)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Once a month

• Once a week

• 2-3 times per week

• Daily, It's like a 365 day car show at my house!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
I clean my car atlest once a week i have to its my daily driver.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Same here and I dust it daily when it's not raining.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dang.......maybe I do have problems........... I wash mine atleast once a day. Ussually "detail" it on Fridays. It takes soooo much less time to clean when there isnt much dirt on it to begin with. By the way, I drive mine everyday as well. Thats going to change when I get my 6m for my 84 L-Type. Then it'll be in a garage for the rest of its life.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
my white supra maybe once a month, my black twice a week but now its once a mont :cry:

·
Registered
279 Posts
i usually wash my Supra once every month; but i hate having to wash the damn thing because when i do wash it, goop drips from the incorrect body trim that the previous owner installed on the car, and i have to spend a bit of time trying to get that sh*t off. plus, my Supra has bad, rusty bondo spots on the front of the driver-side door and the bottom right corner of the hatch (so much for having it rust free :wink:); not to mention the really, really bad rust on the quarter panels and underneath the rear bumper. *sigh*

:cry:

-Evan

·
Founding Member
6,423 Posts
I wash and dry one car a week so on average, each Supra gets washed about every third week. It doesn't rain much here so I run the Cali duster over each whenever the light hits it just right and I notice some dust, which is a couple times a week. Keep a bottle of Meguiars quick detailer on hand and wipe off droppings, etc. immediately. In general, I just try my best to keep them clean. All parked indoors day and night. Don't eat in them. Drive the LC if its raining or forecast calls for rain at evening rush hour. I wax each four to six times a year depending on how much it got washed. Clean underhood two or three times a year. I've actually been accused of being somewhat of a clean-freak. I guess I'm the opposite of most people. I usually don't like to ride in other people's cars because to me, the average car is like a landfill on wheels.

Phil D.

·
Super Moderator
8,395 Posts
About once a month or so. Its not as bad as it sounds though. Since it basically works out to I washing it about everytime I drive it. I've got to order my flannel car cover soon, so I won't have to wash the car for probably the next year or so (since I won't be driving it at all).

·
Registered
792 Posts
I don't recall the last time I washed my Supra! Of course, I don't remember the last time I drove it either! Guess it's time to take it for a spin eh?
Actually, I think the last time it got driven was when Malibyte took it for a spin to see how the short shifter feels, that was about 3 weeks ago. I go over it once a week with the Cali duster to get all the dust off of it...

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
mine gets a bath about 2-3 times a week, and i clean the interior daily, or at most, every two days.

daily drivers are a pita to keep clean, especially when you have lots of chick friends, or slobby guy friends.

they dont care about your vehicle, so you gotta bust ass to keep it nice, course, i always bust their chops about messing my car.

charging gas money "fines" keeps em tidy right damn quick.

·
Registered
517 Posts
When I had my Deep Red I washed it about once a week.
But now that I have this black supra about once a month.(Just not the same)
Maybe washing it too many times is bad for the belt moldings.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Mine hasn't seen a hose since 1999,or rain,just wipe of bugs and wax often,not a daily driver,the paint is still mint since 1986 except a few road nicks from driving.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
For both my 85 Redpra & the 81 Silver Slug, it varies depending on the time of the year.

Mid October - Mid March or possibly Mid April, depending on the weather.

Around the beginning of October, each car get's a final protective coat of wax (the Redpra just got it's coat in Vegas, need to do the Slug pretty soon), THEN for the next 6 months, it does not get washed AT ALL (oh the HORROR!!!!!! :shock: :oops: ). Unfortunately, both of these are my daily drivers, and up here in the PacNW (at least in WA State), this time of the year becomes the crappy weather/rainy season. For me, it's pointless to wash my car for the next 6 months when it's raining outside every day, or at least every other day (or every 2 days). And when it's not raining, then it's pretty damn COLD (low 40's - high 30's), which means that it's near freezing at night, thus the outside water valve's are shut off for the next few months. If I'm really desperate, I'll go to Elephant Car wash, but they usually do a pretty crappy job. And I hate those DIY car wash's w/ the spray gun hoses w/ their harsh water that leaves water spots (yes I do use the soft water setting, but still)... More work for me to do in the spring.... Plus again, it's cold outside....

Mid April - Mid October. Both cars get washed usually every 2 - 3 weeks. Usually less if there is a fresh coat of wax on it, I then just dust if off w/ the Cali Duster. If there is allot of dust blowing around, then the Redpra get's the car cover thrown on. Since the Slug is the car that sits out in the elements (the Redpra get's the apartment carport), and our parking area has allot of pine tree's around it, this car get's it's annoying accumulation of pine needles in all of the hard to get to places. Both cars now permanently each have a can of aeresol/compressed air, I just use this to blow all of the pine needles off.

Sometimes, both car's will get washed more frequently, depending if any bird crap, or tree sap is on the paint surface.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
maybe rumptis was right.........maybe I am..."obsessed", no one else washes their car daily? I promise, the bugs come off a LOT easier people! Does anyone know what MSS means? That came up in a convo the other day........ Anyway, Maybe I should find something more productive to do with my time.....like start on my 84 L-type............... rather than clean what isnt dirty to begin with........ O-well...... could be worse, I could be cleaning a Camaro or something....maybe a Z of some sort...... :p

·
Registered
572 Posts
thats right you are obsessed, he has to do something so he can get his mind off of his Supra starting to Smoke....

Sorry Matt had so say that

Jason

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow...that was WAY below the belt. :( maybe now I'll be able to wash my car with tears, and to think......I was gonna hook you up with some parts. I got the number for Holly Morris in Columbus, they'll sell 'em to ya, for a price.... ask for Jason, He'll hook you up! I doubt heads are cheap........... :p Anyway........ ouch man......... :cry: Anyone wanna buy a nice green car, that smokes a little on start-up for some reason....... just take whatever price you're thinking of.......double it......and add a zero, maybe two....... then e-mail me!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
actually.......If you zoom in, U can see a few bugs on the front bumper and hood. Ugh....look at those disgusting front flares........atleast they're the right ones now! *anyone need a set of fender flares for an 84? CelicaSupra.com member have first dibs........before I put them on E-bay under "Own a peice of the legend............."* Plus, my windsheild washers are black now.......I think thats about it.........that you can see in that pic anyway.........

1 - 20 of 25 Posts