Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
POTATO
17,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See my cute little avatar over there? <<<<
it's supposed to move and change into a Toyota symbol but I can't figure out how to shrink the GIF down to 16 KBs. Can anyone help?

Tanya
can rebuild an engine but can't defrag a puter :pat: :crying:

·
POTATO
17,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK< maybe I'm really dumb, but that didn't seem to help me much, LOL
Does that mean I can't have my pretty avatar!? *pout*

:cry:

·
Registered
999 Posts
get irfanview, that's how I made mine. Best do things with image program I've seen.
Not sure how well it works with animated gifs (if you want to use one), but there's probably a plugin for that if it doesn't support it normaly.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
TanyasMk2Blackpra said:
OK< maybe I'm really dumb, but that didn't seem to help me much, LOL
Does that mean I can't have my pretty avatar!? *pout*

:cry:
Tanya,

Email me the avatar and I'll see if I can optimize it down below 16kb. The reason we have it set like that is to make the forum load relatively quickly for dial-up users. If we raise the allowed file size for avatars, it would begin to slow the forum down as users upload bigger and bigger files.

This is also why we have the forum set up to not allow the upload of images (they must be linked to from another domain). Just trying to keep everyone happy, and keep this place "fast".

Let me know what you want to do.

___

·
POTATO
17,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I emailed it to you, hopefully it can be reduced, oh I completly understand about the file size, it's just that I see Zanks avatar and it's so damn distracting! I wonder how he got them big ol' boobies below 16kb! :boobs:

Tanya

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
TanyasMk2Blackpra said:
I emailed it to you, hopefully it can be reduced, oh I completly understand about the file size, it's just that I see Zanks avatar and it's so damn distracting! I wonder how he got them big ol' boobies below 16kb! :boobs:

Tanya
Probably via breast reduction ;)

I got the file just now. I'll work on it and see what I can do with it...

___

1 - 7 of 7 Posts