Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do u remove the black rubber stuff around the a/c lighter and stereo..ithink i removed all the screws but the top part of it still seems to be clinging on
and also the temperature control retainer..the thing that shows the settings for climate control..how do i remove that plate?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
Well, having done this MANY a time, I can tell you that climate control is no fun. Here goes:

1)Pop off all the knobs on the control sliders (yes, it will take some real force
with your fingers, and they might even get cut!)
2) unscrew teh climate control panel's 3 screws (2 on the underside of the protruding plastic part with the white strip & black text, then the 1 remaining above it)
3) pull that plate off (careful, it scratches easy) and unscrew the 2 screws holding the top rubber surround on.

That should do it... try not to lose the clip-on knobs! And while they have a top and bottom, I haven't been able to notice it being any easier to remove them again no matter which way I put 'em back. Good Luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
raven said:
Well, having done this MANY a time, I can tell you that climate control is no fun. Here goes:

1)Pop off all the knobs on the control sliders (yes, it will take some real force
with your fingers, and they might even get cut!)
2) unscrew teh climate control panel's 3 screws (2 on the underside of the protruding plastic part with the white strip & black text, then the 1 remaining above it)
3) pull that plate off (careful, it scratches easy) and unscrew the 2 screws holding the top rubber surround on.

That should do it... try not to lose the clip-on knobs! And while they have a top and bottom, I haven't been able to notice it being any easier to remove them again no matter which way I put 'em back. Good Luck!
ther eis screws under that proreuding plastic part?damn i felt them kinda but iw as nah it cant be screws there haha

thanks for the info i will try it later
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
after i remove the temperature retainer thing there is a black pice behind it..how do i remove that to get access to that LED..because mine is burnt out and i need to replace it

much thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,111 Posts
if there isnt a screw for clear plastic then you just have to kinda click it off. Its not a big deal just kinda play with it :p HTH's
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
zankone said:
if there isnt a screw for clear plastic then you just have to kinda click it off. Its not a big deal just kinda play with it :p HTH's
its the black piece after u take off the temperature retainer thing...i cant seem to take it off
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,111 Posts
you dont take the black plastic off, you just take the clear plastic that glows off and then you kinda have to pinch the bulb off
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ahhhhhh got it.....would any electronic store have this type of LED?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,111 Posts
KCheng said:
ahhhhhh got it.....would any electronic store have this type of LED?
I just went to Autozone, Pepboys and they had it right there in the light blub section :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i dont think we have this store in BC canada..but i'll try to look for it in like canadian tire or something ahaha
thanks for the help
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,111 Posts
Just try any big autoparts store the should have it :wink: :p
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top