Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get abotu 450kms, this abou right? or am i chewing through the gas?
Its bloody expensive to run, so thats why im thinking something is not quite right.
cheers

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Well... highway I can get around 300 miles to a tank... and thats at 70 to 80 mph

If its city..s.top and go, and I am not gettin into it.. I can manage about 200..

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Supra Bob said:
Well... highway I can get around 300 miles to a tank... and thats at 70 to 80 mph

If its city..s.top and go, and I am not gettin into it.. I can manage about 200..
:shock: 300 miles on highway. dam im getting like 200 on highway :x

·
Registered
457 Posts
poor mpg

I have done a few mods to my MKII and I get shitty gas mileage running to rich, I have tried to change settings on the AFM and it got better I need to go back in and adjust again I get about 225 on a tank on the HWY. @ this time the low level light is on.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I know..it seems high, but if anyone wants, I can take photo's to prove it. Every other week I drive from Quantico to Philly and back... 225.4 miles each way... and when I park, the needle is about midway between 1/2 and 3/4 tank... and about the time the fuel light somes on, the trip Odometer reads between 280 and 310 depending on how I drive..

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
humm.. maybe you can share your secret. mods?

<----Lead Foot :D

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Super secrete mods.. I could tell ya, but I would have to kill ya.. ;)

Actually... just kidding... here is absolutly every thing that its not stock on the car...

2.5" cat back exhaust...
235/60/14 tires on the rear..

stock everything else... hell, I still have the original unmodded airbox and pipe even...

I dunno what else to say.. I think I may have one of those "fluke" cars...

Like I said..I'll take pics if someone really wants to throw the bullshit flag up...

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I have done 300 on the highway before its not that hard really. You have to be willing to drive with the fuel light on a little. But at 24mpg you can go 336 miles on 14 gallons which is getting into the danger zone, it will quit sometime between 14 and 15 gallons.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
When the fuel light comes on is right when I hit the gas station usually... I know for those first couple opf days after I get back here, I am gonna be busy as hell at work, and the farthest I may drive is 2 miles to get some food... so I don;t bother gasing up till I see it..

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sweet well that means my car is running reasonably well then. 450kms is about 280miles.
cheers

I am trying to hurry up plans for the 1ggte conversion.
Ive heard of 100kms per 7.1l
thats a whopping 845ks off a tank. about 520 miles.
nice

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
in both my supras i've never had the gas light come on i don't think it works, and on my 85 my gauge is off, but on my recent trip to florida driving from ohio to there, running anywhere from 80-90 on the freeway i averaged around 26 or 27 mpg, its hard to get all the gas in the tank sometimes but i beleive it was around 320 or more, i can't remember exactly but it was over 300 and in the city around columbus when driving like a racer i get about 270 a tank...my 84 used to get around 300 in city if i pushed it....they are really bitchy with the gas, the milage fluxuates a lot.....i know i'm just blabbering but i'm about to fall asleep and i lose a damn hour of sleep.....argh, gotta get up early

·
Registered
109 Posts
kinda off the subject but does anyone elses car run better on a full tank rather then below half way or is it just something bout my car that gives it a personality just curious

·
Registered
109 Posts
oh yeah i took a 3 hour trip from killeen tx to dallas tx crusing bout 80 or so the whole way and in dallas did a little driving when i got to my cuz's house my guage read half a tank and i filled it up before i left from killeen im not sure wat kinda numbers this makes or what but i think it is pretty good

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah ive noticed i get about 450-500Km's highway driving and about 350-400 city driving.

Which i thought my tired old 5M-E wouldnt get any where near that.. i was thinking maybe 350-400MAX highway driving.

not bad for 60 litres of fuel in such an old car... puts commodores from the same era to shame on fuel economy.

·
Registered
991 Posts
:lol: hahaha

When the red car (83)still had a 5mge, I regularly got 24-26 mpg in city driving and 28-32 mpg on the highway. City driving was at 6,000 ft elevation and highway driving was up and down mountains. Milage would get better down at sea level or on long flat stretches of highway. Believe it or not, I get much better milage now with the 7mgte. While still in Washington state after the transplant with no boosting, my record is 42mpg :fadein:

My white 83 with a 6m doesn't do quite as well and only gets 20 mpg in the city and 24 on the highway. That is all at high altitude, haven't had the car on extended trips into low flat so I don't know if it improves or not.

Leslie

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
That's such good milage! My 84 gets about 16-18 mixed city/hwy and 22 hwy....of course, I think I have a bad O2 sensor in my Thorley as my milage went from 19-21 mixed city/hwy to the above numbers after I installed my header (used, had an O2 sensor in it, didn't even think to replace it :roll: )...once I take it off to replace the o2 we'll see...

Nick

·
Registered
52 Posts
While driving from CA to PA in the summer of '98, just after I got the car, I pulled 400 miles per tank several times, in the boring flat states that are numerous on I-80 in the Mid West.

This was doing about 75, letting the cruise drive.

Bone stock car, and it actually had the original plugs in it at 105,000 miles.

Ryan
84 MKII L-type

1 - 20 of 92 Posts