Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Port, polish, 3-angle valve job How long does it take?

i sent my head to get redone this last week on monday. i called today and the guy tells me it ill be done till like sat.

the last time I have sent my heads redone buy this guy it has taken like three days. and now its gonna take a week and a half. Makes me wonder if I should go to another guy to do my heads.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Well, DPR took over 8 months to do my 7m head. I felt like I was pregnant just waiting till the damn head was born.

Christian

·
Registered
794 Posts
This time of year engine bulders and machine shops are pretty busy getting cars ready for the summer racing series.

I am not getting a port or polish but they are doing all my block, crank and rod work too. They will have the thing for at least 7 working day (which I dont think is too bad).

·
Registered
211 Posts
Racefiend said:
Well, DPR took over 8 months to do my 7m head. I felt like I was pregnant just waiting till the damn head was born.

Christian
Ha ha ha....damn funniest thing Ive read in a long time.

Be thankful it was a healthy baby...some are born with complications.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I let Napa work on my head and it took nearly a month before I got it back. I only had them clean, grind valve seats, and replace the valves, guides, and seals. The engine has about 8000 miles on it and the seals on the exhaust side have been bad since probably the 1000 mile mark. I'm gonna replace them this weekend myself.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Use toyota seals ...you wont be sorry. I used Fram valve seals and well, :mad: it was like I didnt even replace them.
Brian

·
Registered
290 Posts
I've already got ones made by Beck/Arnley. The ones that Napa used came in my Topline rebuild kit. Toyota wants $7.50 a piece.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well i finally got my head back today. I think i payed too much :? . I had it Port and Polished and had a 3 angle valve job.

How much have you guyz paid to get Port and polished and 3 angle valve job?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I piad $120 for just pressure testing, cleaning and resurfacing there was no warpage or anything for them to deal with it was a real straightforward job. I was quoted $300 for a full head job no porting, I would say another 200 for porting would be a good estimate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts