Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And where can I get it relativley fast?

I am ready to start dressing the engine compartment before I drop the engine in. I want to replace all my vacuum lines with Blue.

Can anyone tell me approximatley how much I will need and if possible what sizes? Has anyone ever done this?

Thanx in advance

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
I just bought some from Auto Zone
it was a set of three different sized 4mm, 6mm and 10 mm
they were silicone one (blue) for like 15 bucks. however they came in like 8 feet each Hose, not really sure how long they were. imma be putting some in my car soon but just some hoses not all.

I dont know if they have an Auto Zone in your area. But Hope that helps

·
Super Moderator
8,364 Posts
About 15ft should do all the engine vacuum lines. I bought 20ft from hose techniques and I had quite a bit left over.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
If you want to get the "variety pack" like Zank talked about, you'll need at least 2 packages, and ya may still have to get a small section of the smallest hose still. All in all, its a worth while job tho, as the rubber hoses are all pretty nasty by now..

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In those 2 packs was about 10' of the small stuff (20' total maybe). This isnt going to be anywhere near enough to do it. Just the vacuum hoses that run from the solinoids underneath the winshield washer resivior will eat that up. I will probably need atleast another 15 feet. Man there is allot of 4mm lines in this car. And I will probably be running a line to a mechanical boost gauge on the pillar.

Yikes!!!

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
as much as i would have liked to have ALL the small silicone vacume lines i just bought one pack of the blue and that covered the top of the engine. thats all I wanted any way. to each his own

here is a pic of my engine bay

1 - 8 of 8 Posts