Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im geting a MKIII turbo and im wondering how much you guys would be willing to pay for it. Is an 88 with about 160k on it and an auto. it was rearended so its not useable as a daily driver. the car is complete just hit in the back. let me know as ill have it real soon.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
That seems like pretty high mileage, probably had 2 HG changes by now :) And if the turbo hasn't been replaced or rebuilt I would think it'd be on it's way out too. I don't think I'd pay more than a $1000 TOPS. Maybe it's worth more if the rest of the body and interior are MINT, then you could sell those parts.

HTH

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Another thing ya could look for is a mk III with a bad motor, and go to an engine importer for the shortblock. I found a mk III last year that I bought for $300 like that...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im receiving the MKIII this weekend. I test drove it today and let me say woah!. it pulls pretty darn hard for an auto with that much weight to lug around. :shock: :D

if anyone is interested in it speak up.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ummmmmm
lets say $1200. OBO very willing to negotiate *sp*
it is hit in the rear but still very driveable. car is also complete and everything works. (regestration just got renewed as well) interior is beat up but the engine is strong.
i plan on putting up pics sometime after i get it.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
I had the money a month ago. I just let someone borrow it for a couple of months. :mad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts