Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this has been covered before...so forgive me if it has. For me, i was about 10/11...i was walking to the mall near my house when all of a sudden I spot this sexy black beast that made me :drool: all over myself. Well i stood there and gazed for about 20mins...i finally made my way to the back of the car and saw 'Toyota Supra GTS' on the hatch (must have been an 82/83). From they day i swore to myself that i would own that car one day...the rest as they say is history

·
POTATO
17,259 Posts
I was 19 when I fell in love, I'd had two Celica hatch styles before and I loved the body. I bought my first Mk2 in March of 2001 ( RIP )
I'll be22 soon, and I'm on my 4th mk2

·
Registered
189 Posts
um don't really rember but it was before fast and the furious debuted lol. i fell in love with the mk2's the early months of this year i'd say and am completely obsessed with them now. lol hehehe. so about 13/15

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
I was 18 when I bought my first car, a 83 Mk2 Blue auto Ptype (rip). thats also when I fell in love with it :p

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I was about 12. My buddy's cousin came thru and we took his 85 celica to some place. I fell in love with his car. Then I went to buy one when I got out of high school and found the mk2 instead...better looking, more power. So I bought it. I've loved it since.

Christian

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
round 21-22 ish...

probably when i saw the black beast sitting there in the moonlight, glistening darkly with mist all over it, and me wondering why it only cost 400 bucks.

·
Registered
69 Posts
first time i ever saw one. walking down the street in hollyweird with a friend who was a bmw nut. at the time i was too. we saw a black p type parked at the curb. the curb was a little high, which made the car look lower than it was. we both thought it was some italian exotic that neither of us had heard of. just the look of those seats floored me and the seed was planted right then and there. i did some reasearch to find out what it was, and promised myself that i would own one (sorry bmw!). one year later i did.

·
Registered
517 Posts
In 1984 when I was 14, to me it looked like a mix of lamborghini Countach and a Ferrari from a show called "Magnum pi" :lol:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I was still in the womb and my Mom walked next to one in a parking lot. Fortunately I was able to stick my head out & check it out as we went by.

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
Playing with Hot Wheels cars, age (very young). Take Hot Wheels' '82 Supra, and the fact my Mom had an '81 Toyota Starlet... the Supra was a favorite. But I loved the '79 Mustang more. Then I convinced Mom to trade the Starlet in on a Mustang. JUNK. Never again shall a Ford reside in my garage. Next car I own will be a Toyota, and it better be a Supra. ;)

·
Registered
141 Posts
I was 12 years old and saw an brand new 84 pull up outside my grandfather's shop. A couple of the older teenage guys working at the shop were talking about how fats they were, and that this guy in town just got one too. I loved the body style right off, and couldn't wait to ride in/drive one. Well, it took me another 16 years to get my own, but was well worth the wait.

·
Founding Member
6,424 Posts
I was about 13 when the mk2 debuted. My dad was in mid-life crisis at the time and I went with him to look at one at the toyota dealer but dad got a momentary lapse of practicality and bought a toyota truck instead. A couple years later when I got my license, the Supras were the hottest import sports car going and of course there was no way a middle-class kid was going to get one. While in college in 87, I mustered up about $7,000 to spend and went looking for Supras. I think those test drives were what got me hooked because there were other cars that I thought looked cool too, but none "fit" like the Supra. I never could find one in decent shape for under $7500 (I passed up a nice red/black 83 for $6700 :banghead: because I thought it had too many miles on it). I put part of the money toward having my Mercury Capri repainted instead and the rest toward college which in retrospect was probably the wiser move anyway since I graduated almost debt-free. I finally bought my first Supra after college when I'd saved enough cash.

Phil D.

·
Registered
118 Posts
prolly 15 /16 and ive still never driven one or owned one im 17 now damn i want one

and the silver 85 p type i was looking at got picked up by some ass hole wigger(well i think cuz i saw the car at trhe movie theatre and with a bunch of wiggers in it) :mad:

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
i fell in love with supras they day i drove my first supra, still have don't think i'll ever let it go, i had just turned 17 and my pos ford ranger blew up, i was looking for a truck replacement then found my baby...lol though she don't work right now

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
i just saw my mpc model sitting on the shelf, and i remember...
i got the model kit in a trade and when i opened the box and started looking at the car is when i fell in love, i just didnt realize it till now.

i was a chevy guy till then, now im a toyota and chevy guy, which is ok, since they are affiliated after all :)

·
Registered
15,036 Posts
i was 7 years old. my brother moved in with his friend tim after high school and tims dad had a silver 83 p-type, with black leather interior. dont know if the interior was stock or he swapped it from an l-type, but i loved that car and always wanted one. when i was 16 i got a job and started saving and at 17 bought a deep maroon 85 p-type with cloth interior, and as you know, that was only the begining. hehehehe.
william

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I saw my first Mk2 Supra parked along the side of the road as I was biking to school in my first year of University, so I guess I was 18. I knew right away I wanted to get one. After I graduated, I went car shopping and looked at the new Mk3's at the dealers, but didn't get the same feeling as when I looked at the Mk2. I test drove at least a dozen used Mk2's and bought the fastest one of the bunch, my white 83. I still own it, along with a few more.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
I was 11 or 12. I remember going to a toyota dealership with my parents to look at full size trucks to possibly replace our 1990 silver toyota pickup extra cab SE because the back seat would be too small for me soon. It is such a great truck we still have it. mint condition never had ONE problem, my dad changes the oil every 3000km or so gets the exhaust and breaks done when needed. Never had ONE problem with it since we bought it when it was new so i knew toyotas were great quality (has 104,000 km on it right now).

Anyways, we are checking out the trucks but i couldn't take my eyes off of this red car that was parked just outside the showroom front door. It had "Supra Turbo" on the back of it. I now know it was a MkII 89+ due to the tailights i faintly remember. But i do know i couldn't stop staring at it and never even glanced at the trucks, i just stared at the car out the window. it had some 5 spoke wheels and was lowered slightly. after that it's all history.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I fell in love with supras when i first saw a mk2, which was like 6 years ago, I was 13 years old. At 16 got a job looked for supras did'nt find any then looked for rx-7's, found one 1987 Rx-7 for $2500 125,000 miles on it, then one last time look for a supra and i found my 1983 ptype 180000 miles on it, for $2000 ever since then i cant bared to be parted from it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts